The Monkees cast list, including photos of the actors when available. This list includes all of the The Monkees main actors and actresses, so if they are an integral part of the show you'll find them below. You can various bits of trivia about these The Monkees stars, such as where the actor was born and what their year of birth is. This cast list of actors from The Monkees focuses primarily on the main characters, but there may be a few actors who played smaller roles on The Monkees that are on here as well.
This list features items like Julie Newmar Davy Jones, and many more.
If you are wondering, "Who are the actors from The Monkees?" or "Who starred on The Monkees?" then this list will help you answer those questions.In most cases you can click on the names of these popular The Monkees actors and actresses to find out more information about them. If you're looking for a particular The Monkees actor or actress, then type their name into the "search" bar to find them directly.
- Photo: flickr / CC0Robert Michael Nesmith (born December 30, 1942) is an American musician, songwriter, actor, producer, novelist, businessman, and philanthropist, best known as a member of the pop rock band the Monkees and co-star of the TV series The Monkees (1966–1968). Nesmith's songwriting credits include "Different Drum" (sung by Linda Ronstadt with the Stone Poneys). After the break-up of the Monkees, Nesmith continued his successful songwriting and performing career, first with the seminal country rock group the First National Band, with whom he had a top-40 hit, "Joanne", and then as a solo artist. He is a noted player of the 12-string guitar, performing on custom-built 12-string electric guitars... more
- Acted In: The Monkees, Television Parts
- Birthplace: Texas, USA, Houston
- Photo: user uploaded imageJulie Newmar (born August 16, 1933) is an American actress, dancer, and singer, known for a variety of stage, screen, and television roles as well as a writer, lingerie inventor, and real estate mogul. She won the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for her role as Katrin Sveg in the 1958 Broadway production of The Marriage-Go-Round, and reprised the role in the 1961 film version. In the 1960s, she starred for two seasons as Catwoman in the television series Batman (1966–1967). Her other stage credits include the Ziegfeld Follies in 1956, and playing Lola in Damn Yankees! (1961) and Irma in Irma la Douce (1965) in regional productions. Newmar appeared in the music video for... more
- Acted In: Fantasy Island, McMillan & Wife, The Phil Silvers Show, The Defenders, My Living Doll
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- George Michael Dolenz Jr. (born March 8, 1945) is an American actor, musician, television director, radio personality and theater director, best known as a vocalist and drummer of the 1960s pop/rock band the Monkees.... more
- Acted In: Johnny Bravo, The Tick, The Monkees, The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour, The Funky Phantom
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, USA
Peter TorkPeter Halsten Thorkelson (February 13, 1942 – February 21, 2019), better known as Peter Tork, was an American musician, composer and actor, best known as the keyboardist and bass guitarist of The Monkees. He grew up in Connecticut and in the mid-1960s was part of the Greenwich Village folk scene, and as an accomplished musician, befriended Stephen Stills. After moving to Los Angeles with Stills, he was recruited for the musical television sitcom The Monkees, and became a teenage idol between 1966-68. Tork recorded his debut solo album Stranger Things Have Happened in 1994, and later toured with his blues band Shoe Suede Blues.... more
- Acted In: Boy Meets World, The Monkees
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America