The Young Ones cast list, including photos of the actors when available. This list includes all of the The Young Ones main actors and actresses, so if they are an integral part of the show you'll find them below. You can various bits of trivia about these The Young Ones stars, such as where the actor was born and what their year of birth is. This cast list of actors from The Young Ones focuses primarily on the main characters, but there may be a few actors who played smaller roles on The Young Ones that are on here as well.
Everything from Hugh Laurie to Emma Thompson is included below.
If you are wondering, "Who are the actors from The Young Ones?" or "Who starred on The Young Ones?" then this list will help you answer those questions.In most cases you can click on the names of these popular The Young Ones actors and actresses to find out more information about them. If you're looking for a particular The Young Ones actor or actress, then type their name into the "search" bar to find them directly.
- Adrian Charles Edmondson (born 24 January 1957) is an English comedian, actor, musician and television presenter. He was part of the alternative comedy boom in the early 1980s and had roles in the television series The Young Ones (1982–1984) and Bottom (1991–1995), which he wrote together with his collaborative partner Rik Mayall. Edmondson also appeared in The Comic Strip Presents... series of films throughout the 1980s and 1990s. For one episode of this he created the spoof heavy metal band Bad News, and for another he played his nihilistic alter-ego Eddie Monsoon, an offensive South African television star.He played the lead role in The Comic Strip's 1985 feature film, The Supergrass. In... more on Wikipedia
- Acted In: The Young Ones, Bottom, Jonathan Creek, Miss Austen Regrets, If You See God
- Birthplace: Bradford, United Kingdom
- Nationality: England
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesAlexei David Sayle (born 7 August 1952) is an English stand-up comedian, actor, author and former recording artist, and was a central figure in the alternative comedy movement in the 1980s. He was voted the 18th greatest stand-up comic on Channel 4's 100 Greatest Stand-ups in 2007. In the updated 2010 poll he came 72nd.Much of Sayle's humour is in the tradition of Spike Milligan and Monty Python, with riffs based on absurd and surreal premises. His act is noted for its cynicism and political awareness, as well as physical comedy.... more on Wikipedia
- Acted In: The Young Ones, Keen Eddie, The Comic Strip Presents, Tipping the Velvet, Whoops Apocalypse
- Birthplace: Anfield, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Nationality: United Kingdom, England
- Christopher Ryan (born Christopher Papazoglou; 25 January 1950) is an English actor best known for his roles as Mike in the BBC comedy series The Young Ones, Tony Driscoll in the BBC comedy series Only Fools and Horses, and as Edina Monsoon's ex-husband Marshall Turtle in the BBC sitcom Absolutely Fabulous.... more on Wikipedia
- Acted In: The Young Ones, Bottom, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, Melissa (1997), A Small Problem
- Birthplace: Bayswater, London, United Kingdom
- Nationality: United Kingdom,England
- Photo: Justin Harris/CC BY 2.0Dame Emma Thompson (born 15 April 1959) is an English actress, screenwriter, activist, author, and comedian. One of the UK's most acclaimed actresses, she often portrays enigmatic and matronly characters with a sense of wit, frequently in period dramas and literary adaptations. She is the recipient of various accolades, including two Academy Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, three BAFTA Awards, and two Golden Globe Awards. Born in London to English actor Eric Thompson and Scottish actress Phyllida Law, Thompson was educated at Newnham College, University of Cambridge, where she became a member of the Footlights troupe. After appearing in several comedy programmes, she came to prominence in... more on Wikipedia
- Acted In: Angels in America, Playhouse Presents, Alfresco, Tutti Frutti, The Crystal Cube
- Birthplace: England, London, Paddington
- Nationality: United Kingdom, England