Birthday cakes, wedding cakes, and Game of Thrones cakes only make up a fraction of the many different types of desserts out there. Some people and events call for more morbid confections. For example, what wake or repast doesn't need a funeral cake?
Instead of standard floral designs and candy balloons, coffins, headstones, and hearses decorate funeral cakes. It sounds a little off-putting until you remember that these dreary pastries are made with the same frosting and baking mix as every single wedding cake.
In fact, funny mortuary-themed cakes make coffins look incredibly appetizing. Death is never an easy pill to swallow, but all these cakes about death might just make the harsh reality a bit more palatable.
1. Coffin CakePhoto: Party Animal Online
2. A Good Hearse CakePhoto: Patti Blanton / Pinterest
3. A Desirable Plot CakePhoto: Lesly's Home Delights / Respect Funeral Cakes
4. Cupcakes For WakesPhoto: Debbie Smith / Good Funeral Guide
5. Cake That Will Take You Through The Looking GlassPhoto: Respect Funeral Cakes
6. A Sweet Cemetery TreatPhoto: Debbie Churan / Pinterest