Who are the funniest British comedians of 2022? Becoming a great stand-up comic is tough and there's plenty of competition these days. Whether a British comedian is observational, dark, situational, absurdist, blue collar, abstract, alternative, or a long form storyteller, all of the funniest UK comedians are unique, hardworking, and hilarious. Who is the funniest British comedian in 2022? Which British stand up comedians do you love?
When it comes to the funniest Brits right now, old school stand up comics like Jimmy Carr and Ricky Gervais are atop the list, while among some of the funniest comedians of all time. British stand up comedians like Josh Widdicombe, Sarah Millican, and James Acaster, have their claims to the ‘funniest British comic’ title as well. Lest we forget hilarious British television presenters like James Corden, John Oliver, and Dara Ó Briain.
Vote up the best British stand up comedians of 2022, and help decide who are the funniest English comedians this year! Then check out the best British female comedians of 2022!
- David James Stuart Mitchell (born 14 July 1974) is a British comedian, actor, writer and television presenter. He is half of the comedy duo Mitchell and Webb, alongside Robert Webb. The duo starred ...more
- Lee Gordon McKillop (born 4 August 1968), known by his stage name Lee Mack, is an English comedian and actor. He is known for writing and starring in the sitcom Not Going Out, for being a team ...more
- Gregory Daniel Davies (born 14 May 1968) is a British stand-up comedian and actor. He is best known for his roles as Greg in We Are Klang, Mr. Gilbert in The Inbetweeners, Ken Thompson in Cuckoo, as ...more
- Jonathan Romesh Ranganathan is an English actor, comedian and presenter. He is known for his deadpan and often self-deprecating comedy. In 2020, Ranganathan won the BAFTA TV Award for Best Features ...more
- Richard Ellef Ayoade (born 23 May 1977) is a British actor, broadcaster, comedian, and filmmaker. He is best known for his role as socially awkward IT technician Maurice Moss in Channel 4 sitcom The ...more
- Alan Graham Carr (born 14 June 1976) is an English comedian, broadcaster and writer. His breakthrough was in 2001, winning the City Life Best Newcomer of the Year and the BBC New Comedy Awards. In ...more
- Sarah Jane Millican (née King; born 29 May 1975) is an English comedian. Millican won the comedy award for Best Newcomer at the 2008 Edinburgh Festival Fringe. In February 2013 she was listed as one ...more
- Mark Robert Bailey (born 13 January 1965), known by his stage name Bill Bailey, is a British comedian, musician, singer, actor, TV and radio presenter and author. Bailey is well known for his role in ...more
- James Anthony Patrick Carr (born 15 September 1972) is a British-Irish comedian, presenter, writer, and actor. He is known for his deadpan delivery of controversial one-liners, for which he has been ...more
- Jon Richardson may refer to: Jon Richardson (comedian), British comedian Jon Richardson (footballer), English footballer
- Noel Fielding (born 21 May 1973) is an English comedian, writer, actor, artist, musician, and television presenter. He is known for being part of The Mighty Boosh comedy troupe alongside comedy ...more
- Stephen John Coogan (born 14 October 1965) is an English actor, comedian, and producer. He began his career in the 1980s, working as a voice artist on the satirical puppet show Spitting Image and ...more
- James William Acaster (born 9 January 1985) is an English comedian, writer, and presenter. Acaster has performed for several consecutive years at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, where he has been ...more
- John Joseph Bishop (born 30 November 1966) is an English comedian, presenter, actor, and former footballer. Bishop played for Hyde FC and Southport FC, and was known for having an aggressive style of ...more
- Joe Wilkinson is a British comedian, actor and writer. Wilkinson began his comedy career in his local village pub in 2004 and has supported Alan Carr and Russell Howard on tour since. He has also ...more
- Aisling Clíodhnadh O'Sullivan (born 16 March 1984), known professionally as Aisling Bea, is an Irish comedian, actress and writer. She created, wrote and starred in the comedy series This Way Up, ...more
- Robert Brydon Jones, (born 3 May 1965) is a Welsh comedian, actor, radio and television presenter, singer and impressionist. He played Dr Paul Hamilton in the Australian/British comedy series ...more
- Kevin Andrew Bridges (born 13 November 1986) is a Scottish stand-up comedian. His 2012 television series Kevin Bridges: What's the Story? was based on his stand-up routines. He has appeared on many ...more
- Rob Beckett is a British stand-up comedian and actor, best known as a co-host on the ITV2 spin-off show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW!, a role which he took up in 2012.
- Rhodri Paul Gilbert (born 18 October 1968) is a Welsh comedian who was nominated in 2005 for the Perrier Best Newcomer Award. In 2008 he was nominated for the main comedy award (as the Edinburgh ...more
- Dara Ó Briain (; Irish: [ˈd̪ˠaɾˠə oː ˈbʲɾʲiənʲ]; born 4 February 1972) is an Irish comedian and television presenter based in the United Kingdom and Ireland. He is noted for hosting topical panel ...more
- Stephen James Merchant (born 24 November 1974) is an English-American writer, director, radio presenter, comedian and actor. Merchant is best known for his collaborations with Ricky Gervais and Karl ...more
- Philip Nathaniel Sin Goi Wang (born 22 January 1990) is a British-Malaysian stand-up comedian and comedy writer who is a member of the sketch comedy group Daphne, and co-creator of their BBC Radio 4 ...more
- Isobel Jane "Isy" Suttie (born 11 August 1978) is an English musical comedian, actress, and writer. She played Dobby in the British sitcom Peep Show, and in 2013 won the gold Sony Radio Academy Award ...more
- Joe Harry Lycett (born 5 July 1988) is a British comedian and television presenter. He has appeared on TV shows including Live at the Apollo, Taskmaster, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, 8 Out of 10 Cats, ...more