List of the best Gene Kelly movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Gene Kelly's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Gene Kelly movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Gene Kelly movies will be at the top of the list. Gene Kelly has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Gene Kelly movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Gene Kelly films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Gene Kelly role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Gene Kelly performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features films like The Devil Makes Three and Xanadu."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Gene Kelly movies?" and "What are the greatest Gene Kelly roles of all time?"
- A spoof of the turmoil that afflicted the movie industry in the late 1920s when movies went from silent to sound. When two silent movie stars', Don Lockwood and Lina Lamont, latest movie is made into ...more
- Jerry Mulligan (Gene Kelly) is an American ex-GI who stays in post-war Paris to become a painter, and falls for the gamine charms of Lise Bouvier (Leslie Caron). However, his paintings come to the ...more
- Joe (Gene Kelly) and Clarence (Frank Sinatra) are two young Navy sailors on leave in glitzy Los Angeles. The two men at first plan to use their layover as an opportunity to relax, but they soon find ...more
- Fun-loving sailors Gabey (Gene Kelly), Chip (Frank Sinatra) and Ozzie (Jules Munshin) have 24 hours of shore leave in New York City, and they want to make every second count. While Chip hooks up with ...more
- While her actress sister, Abigail (Gloria DeHaven), roams with a stock theater company, country girl Jane (Judy Garland) stays home in rural Connecticut tending the family farm. Jane sees red when ...more
- Aspiring swordsman D'Artagnan (Gene Kelly) arrives in Paris with hopes of joining the royal guard and falls in love with the beautiful Constance (June Allyson). After clashing with three of the ...more
- Jo Hayden (Judy Garland) and Harry Palmer (Gene Kelly) are a struggling vaudeville act with hopes of making it big. When success seems right around the corner, Palmer is drafted into the army at the ...more
- Tommy Albright (Gene Kelly) and Jeff Douglas (Van Johnson), two American pals on a Scottish hunting trip, get lost in the woods and come upon the magical village of Brigadoon. Rising out of the ...more
- John Coudair (Otto Kruger) was wounded long ago when his fiancée called off their engagement, and when he spots the woman's granddaughter, comely stage performer Rusty Parker (Rita Hayworth), he's ...more
- In the 1920s, Tennessee schoolteacher Bertram Cates (Dick York) is put on trial for violating the Butler Act, a state law that prohibits public school teachers from teaching evolution instead of ...more
- Manuela Alva (Judy Garland) is unhappily engaged to Don Pedro (Walter Slezak), the mayor of her town. When a circus arrives, she's enchanted by performer Serafin (Gene Kelly), who's likewise smitten ...more
- Following the capitulation of the French to Germany's Nazi invaders, a unit of defiant French soldiers become German prisoners of war. Except for the Nazi-sympathizing wine-seller Andre Duval (Hume ...more
- After returning from World War II, three soldiers (Gene Kelly, Dan Dailey, Michael Kidd) share a drink in a New York City bar. Together, they agree to return to the same location in 10 years. When ...more
- The Devil Makes Three is a 1952 thriller film set in post-World War II Germany, starring Gene Kelly, Pier Angeli and Richard Egan.
- Despite being key players for the Wolves, baseball players Dennis Ryan (Frank Sinatra) and Eddie O'Brien (Gene Kelly) harbor a passion for vaudeville. When a local gambler (Edward Arnold) puts a lot ...more
- In this fictionalized account of the partnership of songwriting legends Richard Rogers and Lorenz "Larry" Hart, Richard (Tom Drake), a well-mannered composer, teams up with eccentric but talented ...more
- The Young Girls of Rochefort is a 1967 French musical film written and directed by Jacques Demy, starring Catherine Deneuve, her sister Françoise Dorléac, Jacques Perrin, Michel Piccoli, Danielle ...more
- The last major film to be shot at MGM's world famous Hollywood backlot, "That's Entertainment!" is a star-studded traipse down memory lane. The film boasts more than 100 classic segments compiled ...more
- Marjorie Morgenstern (Natalie Wood), a college girl from a conventional Jewish family, finds herself increasingly drawn to the acting profession after becoming smitten with Catskills entertainer Noel ...more
- Christmas Holiday is a 1944 American film noir directed by Robert Siodmak and starring Deanna Durbin, Gene Kelly, and Richard Whorf. Based on the 1939 novel Christmas Holiday by W. Somerset Maugham, ...more
- When dancer Sybil Wren (Kay Kendall) pens a memoir about her time in a troupe with two other women, she incurs the wrath of her former peers, Angele Ducros (Taina Elg) and Joy Henderson (Mitzi ...more
- Running between 1907 and 1931, the Ziegfeld Follies were elaborate stage revues mounted by the great Broadway showman Florenz Ziegfeld, inspired by the Folies Bergères of Paris. In 1945, film ...more
- Struggling artist Sonny Malone (Michael Beck) is trapped in a dull job painting album covers. He is instantly attracted to Kira (Olivia Newton-John), an anonymous woman randomly photographed in the ...more
- A biographical musical charting the life of composer Sigmund Romberg (Jose Ferrer). Starting out as a musician working at a New York City café, Romberg quickly becomes one of the most successful ...more
- After attempting to donate $200 million to the Internal Revenue Service, Louisa (Shirley MacLaine) finds herself in the care of a psychiatrist, Dr. Stephanson (Bob Cummings). She relates the ...more