List of the best Gene Tierney movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Gene Tierney's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Gene Tierney movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Gene Tierney movies will be at the top of the list. Gene Tierney has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Gene Tierney movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Gene Tierney films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Gene Tierney role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Gene Tierney performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing has a variety of films, like China Girl and Way of a Gaucho, in it."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Gene Tierney movies?" and "What are the greatest Gene Tierney roles of all time?"
- Defying her conventional in-laws, young widow Lucy Muir (Gene Tierney) leaves London with her young daughter and moves away for a quieter life in a secluded seaside cottage. Lucy discovers the ghost ...more
- In one of the most celebrated 1940s film noirs, Manhattan detective Mark McPherson (Dana Andrews) investigates the murder of Madison Avenue executive Laura Hunt (Gene Tierney) in her fashionable ...more
- An American fighter pilot, Larry Darrell (Tyrone Power), returns from World War I sickened by the violence and fighting he has witnessed. In search of meaning, he travels to Paris, where he tries to ...more
- While on a train, writer Richard Harland (Cornel Wilde) strikes up a relationship with the gorgeous Ellen Berent (Gene Tierney). Ellen quickly becomes obsessed with Richard and abandons her fiancé, ...more
- Ashamed that his father lived a life of crime, hard-boiled New York City cop Mark Dixon (Dana Andrews) has a reputation for being too tough on criminals. So when Dixon unintentionally kills a murder ...more
- After the Civil War, Union troops catch Belle Shirley (Gene Tierney), a Southern belle, harboring the wanted Confederate guerrilla fighter Sam Starr (Randolph Scott). In retribution, Union major and ...more
- Londoner Harry Fabian (Richard Widmark) is a second-rate con man looking for an angle. After years of putting up with Harry's schemes, his girlfriend, Mary (Gene Tierney), becomes fed up when he taps ...more
- After working-class mother Ellen McNulty (Thelma Ritter) runs into financial troubles, she takes a trip to see her son, Val (John Lund), who is now married to the sophisticated Maggie Carleton (Gene ...more
- For Miranda Wells (Gene Tierney), moving to New York to live in Dragonwyck Manor with her rich cousin, Nicholas (Vincent Price), seems like a dream. However, the situation gradually becomes ...more
- Never Let Me Go is a 1953 MGM romantic adventure film starring Clark Gable and Gene Tierney. The picture was directed by Delmer Daves, produced by Clarence Brown, from a screenplay by George ...more
- A clerk in the Soviet embassy in Canada after World War II, Igor Gouzenko (Dana Andrews) is increasingly troubled by his work for duplicitous government officials. Hoping to forge a better life for ...more
- Advise & Consent is a 1962 American motion picture based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name by Allen Drury, published in 1959. The movie was adapted for the screen by Wendell Mayes ...more
- In ancient Egypt, Sinuhe (Edmund Purdom) is a would-be doctor who saves the life of a young man (Michael Wilding) suffering from a seizure. When the afflicted youth awakes, he introduces himself as ...more
- William Crawford (Bruce Cabot) is a British officer stationed in East Africa during World War II. His outpost is strategically important in the war effort and is constantly under risk of attack. Jan ...more
- Way of a Gaucho is a 1952 American western film directed by Jacques Tourneur and starring Gene Tierney, Rory Calhoun and Richard Boone. It was based on a novel by Herbert Childs. The film failed to ...more
- Susan Miller (Gene Tierney) works as a shopgirl but fantasizes about one day being rich. One afternoon, she meets Maybelle (Spring Byington) and Warren (Laird Cregar), two con artists on the lookout ...more
- Black sheep Julian Berniers (Dean Martin) returns home -- along with wife Lily (Yvette Mimieux) -- to his two sisters in New Orleans. Julian's shoe factory in Illinois has gone bankrupt, but he tells ...more
- In the 1700s, French Canadian explorer Pierre Esprit Radisson (Paul Muni) envisions a vast fur trade based in the Hudson Bay area. Opportunity knocks when Radisson and his associate, Gooseberry ...more
- After a group of convicts escapes from prison, they take refuge in the wilderness. While most of the crew are ruthless sociopaths, Jim Canfield (Glenn Ford) is an innocent man who was jailed under ...more
- Spoiled playboy Henry van Cleve (Don Ameche) dies and arrives at the entrance to Hell, a final destination he is sure he deserves after living a life of profligacy. The devil (Laird Cregar), however, ...more
- Close to My Heart is a 1951 Warner Bros. drama directed by William Keighley, written by James R. Webb, and starring Ray Milland and Gene Tierney.
- Having crash-landed in remote China during World War II, Jim Carmody (Humphrey Bogart) becomes an aide to vicious warlord General Yang (Lee J. Cobb). But when he sees one of the general's soldiers ...more
- Plagued by an overwhelming urge to shoplift, Ann Sutton (Gene Tierney) is helped out of a tight spot by David Korvo (Jose Ferrer). Unfortunately for Ann, Korvo is a conniving hypnotist who draws her ...more
- A poor family in rural Georgia struggles to make ends meet as the clan's father, Jeeter Lester (Charley Grapewin), proudly refuses help at every turn. Although the Lesters have thrived on their land ...more
- Son of Fury: The Story of Benjamin Blake is a 1942 adventure film directed by John Cromwell, starring Tyrone Power and Gene Tierney. The film was adapted from Edison Marshall's 1941 historical novel ...more