List of the best George C. Scott movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. George C. Scott's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top George C. Scott movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated George C. Scott movies will be at the top of the list. George C. Scott has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest George C. Scott movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining George C. Scott films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best George C. Scott role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest George C. Scott performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List films include The New Centurions, Rage and many more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best George C. Scott movies?" and "What are the greatest George C. Scott roles of all time?"
Notable directors that worked with George C. Scott include names like Stanley Kubrick, Sidney Lumet and Otto Preminger. If George C. Scott movies are your thing, then check out the greatest movies by Rod Steiger and Lee Remick too.
- Patton is a 1970 American epic biographical film about U.S. General George S. Patton during WWII. It stars George C. Scott, Karl Malden, Michael Bates and Karl Michael Vogler. It was directed by ...more
- Composer John Russell (George C. Scott) is vacationing with his family when a car accident kills his wife and daughter. Distraught with grief, Russell leaves his home in New York City for a giant, ...more
- After the death of his wife, wealthy retiree Justin Playfair (George C. Scott) creates a fantasy world for himself in which he is the legendary detective Sherlock Holmes, even dressing like the ...more
- This film is a 1959 American courtroom drama film. It was directed by Otto Preminger and adapted by Wendell Mayes from the best-selling novel of the same name written by Michigan Supreme Court ...more
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, more commonly known as Dr. Strangelove, is a 1964 political satire black comedy film that satirizes fears of a nuclear conflict ...more
- Marine biologists Jake (George C. Scott) and Maggie Terrell (Trish Van Devere) have for many years been doing dolphin research in the Florida Keys, and have even coached some dolphins to speak ...more
- Islands in the Stream is a 1977 American drama film, an adaptation of Ernest Hemingway's novel of the same name. The film was directed by Franklin J. Schaffner and starred George C. Scott, Hart ...more
- Choices is a 1986 television film directed by David Lowell Rich.
- Oklahoma Crude is a 1973 American drama film directed by Stanley Kramer. It stars George C. Scott and Faye Dunaway. It was entered into the 8th Moscow International Film Festival where Kramer won the ...more
- A Christmas Carol is a 1984 television film adaptation of Charles Dickens' famous 1843 holiday novella of the same name. The film is directed by Clive Donner who had been an editor of the 1951 film ...more
- Herbert Bock (George C. Scott), the chief of medicine in a New York City teaching hospital, is contemplating suicide; he's impotent, his wife has left him, and his children aren't speaking to him. ...more
- Jane Eyre is a 1970 television film directed by Delbert Mann starring George C. Scott and Susannah York. It is based on the 1847 novel Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. The film had its theatrical debut ...more
- When Michigan businessman Jake Van Dorn (George C. Scott) lets his teenage daughter go on a church trip to California, she never returns. Jake hires Los Angeles investigator Andy Mast (Peter Boyle) ...more
- Petulia is an American drama film directed by Richard Lester. The screenplay by Lawrence B. Marcus is based on the novel Me and the Arch Kook Petulia by John Haase. The film stars Julie Christie, ...more
- 12 Angry Men is a 1997 television film directed by William Friedkin, adapted from the Reginald Rose teleplay of the same title. It is a remake of the film of 1957.
- British army Col. Anthony Gethryn (George C. Scott) is contacted by his old friend, Adrian Messenger (John Merivale), to investigate 11 men, whose names Messenger provides. After a plane carrying ...more
- Story Fast Eddie Felsen (Paul Newman) and his adventures in the world of professional pool. Fast Eddie is a young hopeful on his way to challenging Minnesota Fats (Jackie Gleason) for his world ...more
- The Yellow Rolls-Royce is a 1964 dramatic composite film written by Terence Rattigan, produced by Anatole de Grunwald and directed by Anthony Asquith, the trio responsible for The V.I.P.s. Apparently ...more
- A veritable master of the trade, con man Mordecai Jones (George C. Scott) has taken part in his fair share of scams. When he happens upon a young army deserter, Curley (Michael Sarrazin), Jones ...more
- Police Lt. Kinderman (George C. Scott) notices similarities between his current murder investigation and the methods used by the "Gemini" killer (Brad Dourif) who was executed 15 years before. He ...more
- The Hindenburg is a 1975 American Technicolor film based on the disaster of the German airship Hindenburg. The film stars George C. Scott. It was produced and directed by Robert Wise, and was written ...more
- Inherit the Wind is a 1999 television film adaptation of the play of the same name. The original 1955 play was written as a parable which fictionalized the 1925 Scopes "Monkey" Trial as a means of ...more
- The Hanging Tree is a 1959 movie directed by Delmer Daves. Karl Malden took over directing duties for several days when Daves fell ill. The film stars Gary Cooper, Maria Schell, George C. Scott and ...more
- Titanic is a made-for-TV dramatization that premiered as a 2-part miniseries on CBS in 1996. Titanic follows several characters on board the RMS Titanic when she sinks on her maiden voyage in 1912. ...more