List of popular Georges Bizet operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Georges Bizet operas list includes the names of all Georges Bizet operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Georges Bizet operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Georges Bizet opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Georges Bizet operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
Composers include everything from Carmen to Les pêcheurs de perles.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Georges Bizet write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Georges Bizet operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Georges Bizet.
- Carmen is an opera in four acts by the French composer Georges Bizet. The libretto was written by Henri Meilhac and Ludovic Halévy, based on a novella of the same title by Prosper Mérimée. The opera ...more
- Djamileh is an opéra comique in one act by Georges Bizet to a libretto by Louis Gallet, based on an oriental tale, Namouna, by Alfred de Musset. ...more
- Don Procopio is a two-act opera buffa by Georges Bizet with an Italian libretto completed in 1859, and first performed in 1906. ...more
- Ivan IV is an opera in five acts by Georges Bizet, with a libretto by Francois-Hippolyte Leroy and Henri Trianon. ...more
- La jolie fille de Perth is an opera in four acts by Georges Bizet, from a libretto by Jules-Henri Vernoy de Saint-Georges and Jules Adenis, after the novel by Sir Walter Scott. Many writers have ...more
- La maison du docteur is an opéra comique in one act by Georges Bizet with a French libretto by Henry Boitteaux. Some music scholars assert that the opera was composed in 1852 while others believe ...more
- Le docteur Miracle is an opérette in one act by the French composer Georges Bizet. The libretto, by Léon Battu and Ludovic Halévy, is based on Sheridan's play Saint Patrick's Day. Bizet wrote the ...more
- Les pêcheurs de perles is an opera in three acts by the French composer Georges Bizet, to a libretto by Eugène Cormon and Michel Carré. It was first performed on 30 September 1863 at the Théâtre ...more