List of the best Gillian Anderson movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Gillian Anderson's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Gillian Anderson movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Gillian Anderson movies will be at the top of the list. Gillian Anderson has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Gillian Anderson movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Gillian Anderson films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Gillian Anderson role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Gillian Anderson performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Items on this list include Straightheads and The Last King of Scotland."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Gillian Anderson movies?" and "What are the greatest Gillian Anderson roles of all time?"
- In a small Texas town, a mysterious black substance emanating from the remains of a prehistoric human engulfs a young boy and his rescuers. Later, FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana ...more
- Though FBI special agent Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and his partner Dr. Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) once chased things that go bump in the night, his tireless search for the truth out there has ...more
- Lily (Gillian Anderson) is a ravishing socialite who quickly discovers the precariousness of her position when her beauty and charm start attracting unwelcome interest and jealousy. She seeks a ...more
- In this tale of how love binds 11 random people from Los Angeles, a married couple (Sean Connery, Gena Rowlands) prepare to renew vows; a widowed mother (Ellen Burstyn) cares for a dying son (Jay ...more
- While in Uganda on a medical mission, Scottish doctor Nicholas Garrigan (James McAvoy) becomes the personal physician and close confidante of dictator Idi Amin (Forest Whitaker). Although at first ...more
- 6Sold is a 2014 drama film directed and written by Jeffrey D. Brown and Joseph Kwong.
- Kevin Dillon (Kieran Culkin) suffers from a disorder known as Morquio's syndrome, which weakens his heart and stunts his growth. Maxwell Kane (Elden Henson) has dyslexia and towers above his ...more
- After a disastrous mission in Mozambique, British agent Johnny English (Rowan Atkinson) has retreated to a Tibetan monastery to try to forget his shame. But when he receives an urgent call from MI-7 ...more
- Sister is a 2012 Swiss drama film directed by Ursula Meier. The film competed in competition at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival, where it won the Special Award, the Silver Bear. The film ...more
- The Mighty Celt is a 2005 drama film set in Northern Ireland, written and directed by Pearse Elliott. It stars Gillian Anderson, Robert Carlyle, Sean McGinley, Ken Stott and Tyrone McKenna. It is ...more
- A prince becomes involved in the struggle between a forest princess and the encroachment of mechanization.
- Arrested after a failed bombing attempt, a single mother and IRA member (Andrea Riseborough) falls into the hands of a British agent (Clive Owen) who offers her a choice: Spy on her IRA comrades, or ...more
- Sidney Young is a down-on-his-luck journalist. Thanks to a stint involving a pig and a glitzy awards ceremony, Sidney turns his fortunes around, attracting the attention of Clayton Harding, editor of ...more
- The Curse of The Buxom Strumpet is a 2012 comedy film written by Matthew Butler and Tori Hart and directed by Matthew Butler.
- There is instant chemistry between Alice (Gillian Anderson), a businesswoman, and Adam (Danny Dyer), a younger working-class man who installs a security system in her London apartment. She takes him ...more
- Boogie Woogie is a 2009 comedy film set in the art world of contemporary London. It is based on the book of the same name written by Danny Moynihan, who adapted his own book on the New York art world ...more
- This film is a 2005 British comedy film directed by Michael Winterbottom. It is a film-within-a-film, featuring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon playing themselves as egotistical actors during the making ...more
- A nameless Chicago cab driver (Paul Dillon) picks up more than 30 different passengers over the course of a typical December day. Many of his fares are rude, from the evangelical Christians who force ...more
- No Pressure is a controversial 2010 short film produced by the global warming mitigation campaign 10:10, written by Richard Curtis and Franny Armstrong, and directed by Dougal Wilson. Intended for ...more
- The Turning is a 1992 American drama film directed by L.A. Puopolo, based on a play by Chris Ceraso. It is the first onscreen appearance of actress Gillian Anderson. She and Raymond J. Barry would ...more