List of the best Gordon Liu movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Gordon Liu's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Gordon Liu movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Gordon Liu movies will be at the top of the list. Gordon Liu has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Gordon Liu movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Gordon Liu films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Gordon Liu role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Gordon Liu performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Examples of films on this list include The Deadly Mantis and Dirty Ho."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Gordon Liu movies?" and "What are the greatest Gordon Liu roles of all time?"
- The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, also known as The Master Killer and Shaolin Master Killer, is a 1978 Shaw Brothers kung fu film directed by Liu Chia-liang and starring Gordon Liu. The film follows a ...more
- The Eight Diagram Pole Fighter is a 1983 Hong Kong film by Shaw Brothers, directed by Lau Kar-leung and starring Gordon Liu and Alexander Fu. It was released as The Invincible Pole Fighters outside ...more
- Clan of the White Lotus is a 1980 Shaw Brothers kung fu film directed by Lo Lieh, with action choreography by Lau Kar Leung, and starring Lo Lieh and Gordon Liu. It is released as Fists of the White ...more
- Shaolin and Wu Tang is a 1983 film directed by Hong Kong martial artist Gordon Liu. The film is about the rivalry between the martial arts schools Shaolin and Wu Tang. It is also called Shaolin Vs. ...more
- Dirty Ho is a 1979 Hong Kong martial arts-comedy film directed by Lau Kar-leung and starring Gordon Liu and Wong Yue.
- A monk's son (Yue Wong) combines the Tiger and Crane fighting styles to defeat an evil priest (Lieh Lo) and avenge his father.
- Legendary Weapons of China is a 1982 martial arts fantasy film directed by Lau Kar-Leung. It takes place during the late Qing Dynasty when Empress Dowager Cixi dispatches her agents to various ...more
- Shaolin Mantis is a 1978 Shaw Brothers film directed by Lau Kar-leung, starring David Chiang and Liu Chia Hui.
- A former assassin, known simply as The Bride (Uma Thurman), wakes from a coma four years after her jealous ex-lover Bill (David Carradine) attempts to murder her on her wedding day. Fueled by an ...more
- Disciples Of The 36th Chamber is a 1985 Shaw Brothers Studio Hong Kong martial arts film comedy written, directed and choreographed Lau Kar-leung. It is the third in a loose trilogy of films that ...more
- Return to the 36th Chamber is a 1980 Shaw Brothers Studio Hong Kong martial arts comedy film starring Gordon Liu. It was directed by Lau Kar-Leung and written by Ni Kuang. The film is the second in a ...more
- Shaolin Vs. Evil Dead is a kung fu vampire movie starring Gordon Liu. The work is one of Liu's most recent and was released between the time of Kill Bill volumes 1 & 2 and exploited his acting in the ...more
- Star Runner, is a 2003 Hong Kong action/romance film co-written and directed by Daniel Lee. It is rated PG-13; "For intense sequences of martial arts action violence" by the MPAA.
- Lady Is The Boss is a 1983 Shaw Brothers kung fu-comedy film directed by Lau Kar-leung and starring Kara Hui.
- Flirting Scholar is a 1993 Hong Kong comedy film directed by Lee Lik-Chi and Stephen Chow.