There are numerous aspects of filmmaking that audiences connect with, from the cinematography to the score to the writing. But, at the end of the day, it is the actors and their performances that fans identity with and love the most, which brings us to a sad reality of Hollywood filmmaking: the inspired performances we wish we could've seen more of. While certain film series seemingly can't stop bringing actors back for more - Samuel L. Jackson in the MCU, anyone? - there have been all kinds of examples of performances that never got the sequels they deserved.
Rooney Mara's Lisbeth Salander. Alec Baldwin's Jack Ryan. Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker. For one reason or another, these and many others simply were denied the chance to delight us again and again. Don't you get us started on the devastating lack of a Furiosa franchise for Charlize Theron. It's too soon... Anyway, here are some masterful appearances we wish would've been granted more time to shine.
- Photo: The Mummy / Universal Pictures
- 214 VOTESPhoto: Mad Max: Fury Road / Warner Bros. Pictures
- Photo: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them / Warner Bros. Pictures
- 412 VOTESPhoto: The Silence of the Lambs / Orion Pictures
- 521 VOTESPhoto: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 / Columbia Pictures
- 617 VOTESPhoto: Constantine / Warner Bros. Pictures