The Greatest Android Characters in Film
Some of the most famous fictional characters in movies aren't human at all – but they might appear to be. Over the years, the best android characters in film have captured the imagination of audiences, whether they are intelligent bots seeking to gain a soul or unstoppable killers made of metal. It should come as no surprise that many of the greatest android movie characters exist in a galaxy far, far away.
What humanoid robots will top this list? One of the all-time greatest android characters is, without a doubt, The Terminator. The now-iconic machine played by Arnold Schwarzenegger morphs from foe to friend and back again, depending on which of its films you're watching. The nonverbal, but expressive WALL-E, the animated creation of Pixar, is another beloved character featured on this list. The Star Wars franchise has brought fans some of the best android – or simply droid –characters in the history of movies, including R2-D2, C3PO, and BB-8. Other great robots that appear on this top android characters in film list include Chappie, Optimus Prime, and the T-1000.You, human user, are tasked with determining the greatest android character in movie history. Vote up your favorites, and add any great humanoid robots that are missing.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Trek Nemesis, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact
- The Terminator, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, The Making of Star Wars, The Star Wars Holiday Special
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon