The Greatest Mobsters & Gangster of Film and TV
Gangster, mobster, and mafia characters from TV and film, including fictional depictions of real people
List of the greatest fictional mobsters of TV, film, and comics. These rankings incorporate each of the best fictional gangster of all time. If you are curious to see if your favorite mob boss or sidekick from film and television has made it to cream of the crop status, peruse this list of the toughest and/or funniest gangsters ever invented by the writer who invented them and the actor who portrayed them.Some of the most popular media-made gangsters from onscreen history come from the ultimate mob movie, "The Godfather." Individuals will also notice that many of these make believe mafia members come from the godfather of all mafia shows, "The Soprano." While many of these television series and motion pictures feature characters who seem to be similar to real-life people from crime history, they are truly unique in their own ways. While Frank Costello is supposedly inspired by Boston's Whitey Bulger, Jack Nicholson's character in "The Departed" is so distinct that he's one of our favorite fictional (and thank goodness) gangsters.
- Anthony John "Tony" Soprano is an Italian-American fictional character and the protagonist in the HBO television drama series The Sopranos, portrayed by James Gandolfini. The character was conceived ...more
- Vito Andolini Corleone is a fictional character in Mario Puzo's novel The Godfather and in Francis Ford Coppola's first two films, where he was portrayed by Marlon Brando in The Godfather and, as a ...more
- Michael Corleone is a fictional character in Mario Puzo's novels, The Godfather and The Sicilian. He is also the main character of the Godfather film trilogy that was directed by Francis Ford ...more
- James 'Jimmy' Conway is a fictional character from the 1990 film Goodfellas.
- Peter Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri played by Tony Sirico, is a fictional character on the HBO TV series The Sopranos. Gualtieri begins the series as a soldier, but later becomes a caporegime and ...more
- 6Tommy DeVito is a fictional character from the 1990 film Goodfellas.