The Greatest LGBTQ Icons In Fashion
LGBTQ fashion icons come in all shapes and sizes. Some are fiercely bold models, while others are gay designers who work to promote equal rights and marriage equality. The people on this list have had successful careers as designers, models, and even actors. They are some of the biggest names in the world of fashion.
Who do you think are the greatest LGBTQ icons in the world of fashion? Cast your votes below.
- 1301 VOTESPhoto: Unknown / Wikimedia Commons / Public Domain
Designer Gianni Versace was famous for creating beautiful clothing, fragrances, and accessories.
He was with his partner, Antonio D'Amico, from 1982 until his passing in 1997.
- Age: Dec. at 50 (1946-1997)
- Birthplace: Reggio Calabria, Italy
- 2214 VOTESVideo: YouTube
Yves Saint Laurent revolutionized fashion by introducing tuxedos for women.
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1936-2008)
- Birthplace: Oran, Algeria
- 3272 VOTESPhoto: Nicogenin / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0
Designer Tom Ford helped to revolutionize Gucci. He is also a successful filmmaker, director of A Single Man and Nocturnal Animals.
He has been with his partner, Richard Buckley, for over 30 years.
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Austin, Texas, United States of America
- 4236 VOTESPhoto: Ed Kavishe / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 3.0
Designer Alexander McQueen was a head designer at Givenchy.
He married George Forsyth in 2000, but the couple split up one year later. He tragically took his own life in 2010.
- Age: Dec. at 40 (1969-2010)
- Birthplace: London Borough of Lewisham, London, United Kingdom
- 5180 VOTESPhoto: Georges Biard / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0
Valentino has influenced a generation of designers, and his gowns are frequently seen on the red carpet.
He has been in a relationship with his partner, Giancarlo Giammetti, for over 50 years.
- Age: 91
- Birthplace: Voghera, Italy
- 6209 VOTESPhoto: Csodaszarvas / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0
Designer Marc Jacobs has developed his own label and worked with Louis Vuitton.
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America