LGBTQ fashion icons come in all shapes and sizes. Some are fiercely bold models, while others are gay designers who work to promote equal rights and marriage equality. The people on this list have had successful careers as designers, models, and even actors. They are some of the biggest names in the world of fashion.
Who do you think are the greatest LGBTQ icons in the world of fashion? Cast your votes below.
Designer Gianni Versace was famous for creating beautiful clothing, fragrances, and accessories.
He was with his partner, Antonio D'Amico, from 1982 until his passing in 1997.
274111Are they the greatest?
- Age: Dec. at 51 (1946-1997)
- Birthplace: Reggio Calabria, Italy
Designer Tom Ford helped to revolutionize Gucci. He is also a successful filmmaker, director of A Single Man and Nocturnal Animals.
He has been with his partner, Richard Buckley, for over 30 years.
24599Are they the greatest?
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Austin, Texas, United States of America
Designer Alexander McQueen was a head designer at Givenchy.
21894Are they the greatest?
- Age: Dec. at 41 (1969-2010)
- Birthplace: Eurasia, Greater London, United Kingdom, London, London Borough of Lewisham
- Video: YouTube
Yves Saint Laurent revolutionized fashion by introducing tuxedos for women.
19783Are they the greatest?
- Age: Dec. at 72 (1936-2008)
- Birthplace: Oran, Algeria