This is a list of the greatest Milwaukee Brewers in history. The Milwaukee Brewers were originally called the Seattle Pilots, but moved to Wisconsin after one season in the Pacific Northwest. Bought by Bud Selig in 1970, the Brewers spent 29 seasons in the American League before moving to the National League in 1998. Throughout its history, the Brewers have teetered the line between mediocre and contender, with flashes of brilliance in some years. Some of the greatest Brewers of all time played on these memorable teams.
Spending his entire 20 year career with the Brewers, Robin Yount is considered by many to be the best Brewers player ever. A first ballot Hall of Famer, Yount had more hits than any player during the '80s with his highest total coming in a memorable 1982 campaign (210) that saw the Brewers reach their only World Series. Yount won a Gold Glove and his only AL MVP award in that same season. Yount is the franchise's current leader in games, at-bats, runs, hits, doubles, triples, home runs, RBIs, total bases, walks and strikeouts. He had his number 19 retired in 1994.
Spending 15 seasons playing in Milwaukee, Paul Moiltor is also considered one of the greatest Brewers of all time. Like Yount, Molitor was part of the 1982 American League Championship team. He was an All Star five times as a Brewer and is in the exclusive 3,000 hit club, an honor that led to his induction to the Hall of Fame in 2004. After he retired in 1998, Molitor had his number 4 retired by the Brewers in 1999.This is a list of the Greatest Milwaukee Brewers of All Time. If you see someone who should be on this list, feel free to add him. Vote and rerank this list as you deem fit.
- Robin R. Yount (; nicknamed,"The Kid", and "Rockin' Robin", born September 16, 1955) is an American former professional baseball player. He spent his entire 20-year career in Major League Baseball as ...more
- Paul Leo Molitor (born August 22, 1956), nicknamed "Molly" and "The Ignitor", is an American former Major League Baseball (MLB) player and former manager of the Minnesota Twins, who is in the ...more
- Cecil Celester Cooper (born December 20, 1949) is a former first baseman in Major League Baseball and the former manager of the Houston Astros. From 1971 through 1987, Cooper played for the Boston ...more
- Roland Glen Fingers (born August 25, 1946) is an American retired professional baseball pitcher. Fingers pitched in Major League Baseball for the Oakland Athletics (1968–76), San Diego Padres ...more
- Christian Stephen Yelich (born December 5, 1991) is an American professional baseball outfielder for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Miami Marlins. ...more
- Prince Semien Fielder (born May 9, 1984) is an American former professional baseball first baseman and designated hitter, who played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Milwaukee Brewers, Detroit ...more
- Ryan Joseph Braun (born November 17, 1983), nicknamed "The Hebrew Hammer", is an American baseball left fielder for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB). Braun has also played right ...more
- Donald Wayne "Easy" Money (born June 7, 1947), is an American former professional baseball infielder, who played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Philadelphia Phillies and Milwaukee Brewers, ...more
- Peter Dennis Vuckovich (voo-koh-vich) (born October 27, 1952) is a retired Serbian-American starting pitcher in Major League Baseball who came across as an intimidating presence on the mound with his ...more
- Ted Lyle Simmons (born August 9, 1949) is an American former professional baseball player and coach. A switch-hitter, Simmons was a catcher for most of his Major League Baseball career with the St. ...more
- Mike Caldwell may refer to: Mike Caldwell (baseball) (born 1949), American baseball pitcher Mike Caldwell (American football) (born 1971), former American football linebacker Mike Caldwell (wide ...more
- Josh Ronald Hader (born April 7, 1994) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB). He is a two-time All-Star and two-time winner of the ...more
- Donald Howard Sutton (born April 2, 1945 - January 19, 2021) was an American former professional baseball player. He played in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a right-handed pitcher. He played for 23 ...more
- George Charles Scott, Jr. (March 23, 1944 – July 28, 2013) was a first baseman in Major League Baseball for the Boston Red Sox (1966–71, 1977–79), Milwaukee Brewers (1972–76), Kansas City Royals ...more
- Daniel Thomas Plesac (Serbo-Croatian pronunciation: [ˈdænˈplêsats], born February 4, 1962) is a former Major League Baseball pitcher with an 18-year career from 1986 to 2003. He played for the ...more
- Benjamin Ambrosio Oglivie Palmer (born February 11, 1949) is a former Major League Baseball left fielder for the Boston Red Sox (1971–1973), Detroit Tigers (1974–1977), and the Milwaukee Brewers ...more
- Bryan Edmund "Moose" Haas (born April 22, 1956) is a former professional baseball player who pitched in Major League Baseball (MLB) from 1976 to 1987. He appeared in the 1982 World Series as a member ...more
- Geoff Jenkins (born July 21, 1974) is a former outfielder in Major League Baseball. He played for the Milwaukee Brewers from 1998 to 2007 and the Philadelphia Phillies in 2008. Jenkins is fourth on ...more
- James Elmer Gantner (born January 5, 1953) is a former Major League Baseball player who spent his entire career with the Milwaukee Brewers (1976–92).
- Lorenzo Lamar Cain (born April 13, 1986) is an American professional baseball center fielder for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Kansas City Royals. ...more
- Teodoro Higuera Valenzuela (born November 9, 1957) is a former professional baseball pitcher. He played for nine years (1985–1991 and 1993–1994) for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball ...more
- Jeffrey Howard Cirillo (born September 23, 1969) is a former third baseman in Major League Baseball. In a 14-season career, Cirillo was a .296 hitter with 112 home runs and 727 RBI in 1617 games. He ...more
- James Jerry Hardy (born August 19, 1982) is an American former professional baseball shortstop. He played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Milwaukee Brewers, Minnesota Twins, and Baltimore ...more
- James Gorman Thomas III (born December 12, 1950) is an American former professional baseball player. He played Major League Baseball (MLB) as a center fielder and right-handed hitter. Thomas played ...more