Robin, the Boy Wonder, was the first original sidekick in comic books. Robin first premiered in DC Comics in Detective Comics #38 way back in 1940. He was created for the younger reading audience to have someone to relate to, saying, "Hey, that could be me fighting alongside Batman!" Since then, the Robin mantle has been taken up by many young fighters, the first one being Dick Grayson. Even female Robins fought alongside the Dark Knight. There have been many different Batman versions and interpretations of the character, in all forms of media, but which are the best?
It's very rare to see Batman fight alone nowadays. What's Batman without Robin? Who would be there to yell out, "Holy [relevant pun], Batman!"? Robin is arguably the most famous sidekick in the history of comic books and has made his way in all sorts of media. These top versions of Robin are among the fan favorites.
We've decided to compile some of our favorite interpretations, renditions, and versions of Robin here. Do you like Dick Grayson as Robin, Tim Drake, or maybe your favorite is Damian Wayne? Do you enjoy seeing him in animation form on Batman: The Animated Series or do you prefer him in running his own team on Teen Titans? Though, Batman and Robin is probably one of the worst comic book movies in history, how does Chris O'Donnell's Robin compare with the other Robins found on film?
Here's your chance to see where it all lines up. What are the greatest interpretations of Robin ever? Make sure to vote up all your favorites on this list of the most rockin' Robins and vote down the versions of Robin that were just awful.
- 59995Richard John "Dick" Grayson is a fictional superhero that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. Created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and illustrator Jerry Robinson, he first appeared in... more
- 34691Young Justice (Cartoon Network, 2010) is an American action adventure superhero animation series created by Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman and based on the comic book series of the same name. The... more
- 331109Teen Titans (Cartoon Network, 2003) is an American action teen drama superhero show based on the DC Comics characters of the same name created by Bob Haney and Bruno Premian. The series follows a... more
- 28587Batman: The Animated Series is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. It was produced by Warner Bros. Animation and originally aired on the Fox Network from... more
Dick Grayson (Earth-50)Fictional Character
- 279115Jason Peter Todd is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. Jason first appeared in Batman #357 and became the second character to take up the Robin identity,... more
- 296130Damian Wayne is a fictional character in the DC Comics universe. He is the illegitimate son of Batman and Talia al Ghul, and thus the maternal grandson of Batman villain Ra's al Ghul. The character... more
- 338160Timothy Jackson "Tim" Drake-Wayne is a fictional superhero that appears in comic books published by DC Comics and in related media. The character was created by Marv Wolfman and Pat Broderick. From... more
- 10423The Red Hood is the alias used by multiple fictional characters, usually antagonists who challenge Batman's skills within the DC Universe.... more
- 14877Batman: Under the Red Hood is a 2010 American superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and released by Warner Home Video. It is the eighth animated feature in the DC Universe Animated... more
- 13885Teen Titans is a video game released in 2006 by Artificial Mind and Movement, THQ, and Majesco Entertainment for the PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox. It is the second game based on the Teen Titans... more
Robin (1993)Comic Book Series
Red Robin (New 52)Fictional Character
- 141110Son of Batman is a direct-to-video animated superhero film which is part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. It is an adaptation of Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert's 2006 Batman and Son... more
- 10187Burt Ward (born Bert John Gervis Jr. , July 6, 1945) is an American actor and activist, best known for his portrayal of Robin, the sidekick of Batman (played by Adam West), in the television series... more
- 8977The Batman is an animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. It ran from September 11, 2004 to March 22, 2008, on the Saturday morning... more
- 3321Red Robin was an American comic book ongoing series, written by Chris Yost with art by Ramon Bachs, featuring former Robin Tim Drake under the identity of Red Robin. The debut of the series follows... more
- 6561Detective Comics is the title used for two American comic book series published by DC Comics from 1937 to 2011, which was best known for introducing the superhero Batman in Detective Comics #27, and... more
- 4235The New Batman Adventures is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman, and is a continuation of Batman: The Animated Series. It was produced by Warner Bros.... more
Dick Grayson (Earth-2)
- 5858The Adventures of Batman & Robin is a 1994 and 1995 video game based on the popular DC Comics characters Batman and Robin and specifically the critically acclaimed animated cartoon Batman: The... more
- 1814Batman and Robin is an American comic book ongoing series, created by Grant Morrison and featuring Batman and Robin. The debut of the series followed the events of "Batman R.I.P.", Final Crisis, and... more
- 5061Justice League: The New Frontier is the soundtrack album of the 2008 film.... more
- 7294Stephanie Brown is a superheroine appearing in books published by DC Comics. The character first appeared in Detective Comics #647 and was created by Chuck Dixon and Tom Lyle. The daughter of the... more
- 4357Zero Hour! is a 1957 drama film directed by Hall Bartlett from a screenplay by Arthur Hailey, Hall Bartlett and John Champion. It stars Dana Andrews, Linda Darnell and Sterling Hayden and features... more