Robin, the Boy Wonder, was the first original sidekick in comic books. Robin first premiered in DC Comics in Detective Comics #38 way back in 1940. He was created for the younger reading audience to have someone to relate to, saying, "Hey, that could be me fighting alongside Batman!" Since then, the Robin mantle has been taken up by many young fighters, the first one being Dick Grayson. Even female Robins fought alongside the Dark Knight. There have been many different Batman versions and interpretations of the character, in all forms of media, but which are the best?
It's very rare to see Batman fight alone nowadays. What's Batman without Robin? Who would be there to yell out, "Holy [relevant pun], Batman!"? Robin is arguably the most famous sidekick in the history of comic books and has made his way in all sorts of media. These top versions of Robin are among the fan favorites.
We've decided to compile some of our favorite interpretations, renditions, and versions of Robin here. Do you like Dick Grayson as Robin, Tim Drake, or maybe your favorite is Damian Wayne? Do you enjoy seeing him in animation form on Batman: The Animated Series or do you prefer him in running his own team on Teen Titans? Though, Batman and Robin is probably one of the worst comic book movies in history, how does Chris O'Donnell's Robin compare with the other Robins found on film?
Here's your chance to see where it all lines up. What are the greatest interpretations of Robin ever? Make sure to vote up all your favorites on this list of the most rockin' Robins and vote down the versions of Robin that were just awful.
- 1Richard John "Dick" Grayson is a fictional superhero that appears in comic books published by... more on Wikipedia659111
- 2Young Justice is an American animated television series created by Brandon Vietti and Greg... more on Wikipedia376101
- 3Teen Titans is an American TV show based on the DC Comics characters of the same name, that... more on Wikipedia360122
- 4Batman: The Animated Series is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics... more on Wikipedia30699
Dick Grayson (Earth-50)Fictional Character
- 6Damian Wayne is a fictional character in the DC Comics universe. He is the illegitimate son of... more on Wikipedia324141
- 7Jason Peter Todd is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by DC Comics.... more on Wikipedia302132
- 8Timothy Jackson "Tim" Drake-Wayne is a fictional superhero that appears in comic books... more on Wikipedia371182
- 9The Red Hood is the alias used by multiple fictional characters, usually antagonists who... more on Wikipedia9922
- 10Batman: Under the Red Hood is a 2010 American superhero film produced by Warner Bros.... more on Wikipedia16084
- 11Teen Titans is a video game released in 2006 by Artificial Mind and Movement, THQ, and Majesco... more on Wikipedia15290
Red Robin (New 52)Fictional Character
Robin (1993)Comic Book Series
- 14Batman: Arkham City is a 2011 action-adventure video game developed by Rocksteady Studios and... more on Wikipedia176129
- 15Son of Batman is a direct-to-video animated superhero film which is part of the DC Universe... more on Wikipedia161123
- 16The New Batman Adventures is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics... more on Wikipedia4318
- 17The Batman is an animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation based on the DC... more on Wikipedia10087
- 18Burt Ward (born Bert John Gervis Jr. , July 6, 1945) is an American actor and activist, best... more on Wikipedia102100
- 19Red Robin was an American comic book ongoing series, written by Chris Yost with art by Ramon... more on Wikipedia3421
- 20Detective Comics is the title used for two American comic book series published by DC Comics... more on Wikipedia6970
Dick Grayson (Earth-2)
- 22The Adventures of Batman & Robin is a 1994 and 1995 video game based on the popular DC Comics... more on Wikipedia6365
- 23Batman and Robin is an American comic book ongoing series, created by Grant Morrison and... more on Wikipedia1714
- 24Justice League: The New Frontier is the soundtrack album of the 2008 film.5767
- 25Stephanie Brown is a superheroine appearing in books published by DC Comics. The character... more on Wikipedia80109