List of the best Gregory Hines movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Gregory Hines's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Gregory Hines movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Gregory Hines movies will be at the top of the list. Gregory Hines has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Gregory Hines movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Gregory Hines films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Gregory Hines role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Gregory Hines performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features The Cherokee Kid, Wolfen and more films."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Gregory Hines movies?" and "What are the greatest Gregory Hines roles of all time?"
- The lives of various characters intersect at Harlem's renowned Cotton Club. Handsome horn player Dix Dwyer (Richard Gere) falls for Vera Cicero (Diane Lane), the stunning girlfriend of famous ...more
- An ex-con just released from jail, Max Washington (Gregory Hines), is a veteran burglar, but he's also a talented tap dancer. Reuniting with his girlfriend, Amy (Suzzanne Douglas), Max is approached ...more
- Running Scared is a 1986 action/comedy film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, directed by Peter Hyams, written by Gary Devore and Jimmy Huston, and starring Gregory Hines, Billy Crystal, and Jimmy ...more
- When his plane makes an emergency landing in Siberia, ballet dancer Nikolai Rodchenko (Mikhail Baryshnikov) is recognized as a defector and brought into custody. Returned to Leningrad and reunited ...more
- A cleric begins to doubt himself and is visited by an angel. The heavenly emissary is supposed to help the good reverend over his midlife crisis, but he is distracted by the cleric's lovely young ...more
- Navigating through careers, family and romance, four friends bond over the shortcomings in their love lives -- namely, the scarcity of good men. Both as the "other woman," Savannah (Whitney Houston) ...more
- Based on the life of tap-dancing legend Bill Robinson -- also known as Mr. Bojangles -- the film follows Robinson (Gregory Hines) as he climbs his way up the entertainment ladder from lowly ...more
- After her gangster boyfriend, Slim (Badja Djola), has a shootout with the police, Imabelle (Robin Givens) flees Natchez, Miss., with his stolen gold. She ends up New York with Slim's gang in pursuit. ...more
- When Kermit the Frog and friends start a stage act, they decide to take the show from their college town to Broadway. However, once the Muppets wind up in New York City, they have difficulty finding ...more
- History of the World, Part I is a 1981 comedy film written, produced, and directed by Mel Brooks. Brooks also stars in the film, playing five roles: Moses, Comicus the stand-up philosopher, Tomás de ...more
- After getting canned from his advertising job, down-and-out divorcé Bill Rago (Danny DeVito) gets a gig teaching English at a nearby army base. There, he takes on a group of underachieving students ...more
- Plainclothes military detectives Buck McGriff (Willem Dafoe) and Albaby Perkins (Gregory Hines) arrive in Saigon, Vietnam, in 1968 to investigate a prostitute's murder. With the assistance of nun ...more
- Mad Dog Time is a 1996 ensemble cast film written and directed by Larry Bishop, released through United Artists. The film is notable for the various cameo appearances, including the first, and final ...more
- An arms dealer eager to score a big contract, Eddie Muntz (Chevy Chase) heads to South America to negotiate with both a dictator and the revolutionaries who oppose him. Although talks don't go well ...more
- A gritty drama centered around brotherhood and friendship, "Once in the Life" is a realistic depiction of how everyday choices affect our path in life. It is a cautionary tale about making the wrong ...more
- Parade of Stars is a comedy musical film written by Hildy Parks and directed by Clark Jones.
- Politicians and a committee of grieving mothers ask a magazine reporter (James Belushi) and his editor (Gregory Hines) to probe 1979-81 slayings.
- Subway Stories: Tales from the Underground is a film made in 1997 and produced by Home Box Office for television. It began as a contest among New Yorkers who submitted stories about their experiences ...more
- The Red Sneakers is a 2002 fantasy film directed by Gregory Hines.
- New York City police investigator Dewey Wilson (Albert Finney) is trying to solve a series of grisly deaths in which the victims have seemingly been maimed by feral animals. He teams up with expert ...more
- In California, a group of women struggle with personal problems as their paths intertwine in unexpected ways. Dr. Elaine Keener (Glenn Close), the sole caretaker for her aging mother, turns to tarot ...more
- Life doesn't always deal you a fair hand. The trick is finding a way to play that hand to your advantage. It's a "coming-of-age" lesson that a piano prodigy, his mother, and a famous saxophonist all ...more