Ground Round recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Ground Round menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Ground Round, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Ground Round popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the top restaurant chains to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Ground Round is a casual dining restaurant founded by Howard Johnson's in 1969. Since then, the chain has grown to 30 locations in 13 states and is known for its casual, cocktail-centered dining.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Ground Round recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Ground Round recipes from around the Web.
Linguine with Chicken Scampi
1 pound chicken breast fillets
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
16 ounces linguini, cooked as package directs
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Dip chicken in egg.
- Roll in mixture of bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Saute chicken in oil in skillet until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove chicken to warm platter; wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Melt margarine in skillet.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- Toss chicken in sauce to coat.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over linguine that has been tossed with 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Ground Round Jack Daniels Sauce
1/4 cup water
1 1/3 cups sugar
11 tablespoons (about 1 1/3 sticks) butter, cut into small cubes
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Jack Daniels
- Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Set over medium heat and cook without stirring until mixture comes to boil.
- Immediately reduce to simmer and cook until mixture is clear.
- Turn off heat; add butter, and stir until butter is completely melted.
- Add cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla and Jack Daniels; whip lightly to combine.
- Remove from stove top and cool slightly.
- Serve immediately or cool completely. Reheat when ready to serve.
Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 pound cubed chicken breast (browned)
1 can (10.75 ounce size) Fiesta nacho cheese soup
1 can (10.75 ounce size) cream of chicken soup
10 ounces milk
1 can enchilada sauce (mild only)
crushed tortilla chips
shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all the other ingredients except the tortilla chips and cheddar cheese
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring continuously.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Ground Round Bread Pudding
1 pound freshly baked dinner rolls
3 1/2 cups milk
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
Jack Daniels sauce
- Place bread in bowl.
-Add milk and; stir occasionally. Let bread absorb milk to saturation point for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs in anther bowl.
- Add sugar, vanilla, raisins and pineapple and mix well; add to bread/milk mixture and mix until combined using rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pour into large pan, leaving 1-inch head space.
- Loosely cover pan with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Check doneness by poking with a toothpick, which should come out clean.
- Cool pudding slightly. Cut into 6 portions.
- Top each serving with warm Jack Daniels sauce. Makes 6 servings.