Who is the best and bravest Gryffindor from the Harry Potter franchise? There may be differences between the Harry Potter book series and the films, but what the Sorting Hat looks for when sorting a student into Gryffindor doesn't change. Known to be courageous, chivalrous, daring, and determined, Gryffindors can also have short tempers - lashing out like the lion on their red and gold coat of arms.
Which of these Hogwarts students did the Sorting Hat best choose to enjoy the cozy Gryffindor common room? The incredibly talented Hermione Granger is at the top of the list. But even the half-giant Rubeus Hagrid, who was expelled from Hogwarts in his third year, exemplifies the Gryffindor traits of courageousness and determination.
The memorable performances that brought the books' characters to life populated the Gryffindor House with some of the most interesting people in the Harry Potter films. Even though they all represent Gryffindor, which one does it best?
- Photo: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone / Warner Bros. PicturesMinerva McGonagall is a fictional character from Harry Potter literary series.... more
25532Do they best represent Gryffindor?
- Powers & Abilities: Transfiguration, Duelling, Animagus
- Played By: Emma Caulfield, Maggie Smith
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useRemus John Lupin, nicknamed Moony, is a fictional character in the Harry Potter book series written by J. K. Rowling. He first appears in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. In the films, he is portrayed by David Thewlis as an adult, and James Utechin as a teenager. There is evidence to suggest that Lupin is a more powerful wizard than he lets on. In Prisoner of Azkaban, he produced a handful of flames in his bare hands, a possible show of wandless magic. In Order of the Phoenix, he is the only fighter besides Dumbledore who came through unscathed from the battle at the Department of Mysteries. Similarly, he emerges physically... more
23538Do they best represent Gryffindor?
- Powers & Abilities: Nonverbal & Wandless magic, Duelling, Charms
- Played By: David Thewlis
- Photo: Joanna / Flickr
22940Do they best represent Gryffindor?
- Powers & Abilities: Animagus, Transfiguration, Nonverbal magic
- Played By: Gary Oldman, James Walters
- Photo: Warner Bros. PicturesHarry James Potter is the title character of J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. The majority of the books' plot covers seven years in the life of the orphan Potter, who, on his eleventh birthday, learns he is a wizard. Thus, he attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to practice magic under the guidance of the kindly headmaster Albus Dumbledore and other school professors. Harry also discovers that he is already famous throughout the novel's magical community, and that his fate is tied with that of Lord Voldemort, the internationally feared Dark Wizard and murderer of his mother and father.... more
24146Do they best represent Gryffindor?
- Powers & Abilities: Auror, Parselmouth, Defence Against the Dark Arts
- Played By: Daniel Radcliffe, Saunders Triplets