List of famous guitarists born who were born in Belgium, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Many of these guitar players from Belgium are legends in the music world, each with their own innovative styles of play. If you play guitar, whether acoustic or electric, then these famous Belgium guitar players should be people you look up to. These are some of the best guitarists that have ever picked up the instrument, and whether they play rock, blues, metal or folk, these men and women are considered legends.
The list you're viewing is made up of different items like Django Reinhardt and Brian Molko.This list answers the questions, "What guitar players are from Belgium?" and "Who are famous Belgium guitarists?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useJean Reinhardt (23 January 1910 – 16 May 1953) stage name Django Reinhardt (French: [dʒãŋɡo ʁɛjnaʁt] or [dʒɑ̃ɡo ʁenɑʁt]), was a Belgian-born Romani-French jazz guitarist and composer, regarded as one of the greatest musicians of the twentieth century. He was the first jazz talent to emerge from Europe and remains the most significant.With violinist Stéphane Grappelli, Reinhardt formed the Paris-based Quintette du Hot Club de France in 1934. The group was among the first to play jazz that featured the guitar as a lead instrument. Reinhardt recorded in France with many visiting American musicians, including Coleman Hawkins and Benny Carter, and briefly toured the United States with Duke... more
- Nationality: Belgium
- Birthplace: Eurasia, Belgium, Liberchies
- Isaac Delahaye (born 9 January 1982) is a Belgian guitarist and composer, best known as the lead guitarist of Dutch symphonic metal band Epica since 2009. Prior to that he was lead guitarist in the Dutch death metal band God Dethroned. Delahaye replaced former guitarist Jens van der Valk in God Dethroned after van der Valk left in 2004. He joined the band after a request from drummer and longtime friend Ariën van Weesenbeek and after several meetings with van Weesenbeek and Henri Sattler, Delahaye was welcomed into the band on 29 June 2004. On 15 January 2009, the official announcement came that Isaac was no longer a part of God Dethroned. Soon afterwards, an announcement came from the band... more
- Nationality: Belgium
- Birthplace: Ypres, Belgium
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesChristian Olde Wolbers (born 5 August 1973) is a Belgian musician, songwriter, and producer who is the bassist and backing vocalist of the heavy metal band Powerflo. He is the former bassist, guitarist and backing vocalist of the heavy metal band Fear Factory, and is also in the hardcore punk/crossover thrash band Beowülf.... more
- Birthplace: Antwerp, Belgium
Boris GaquereBoris Gaquere is a classical guitarist. Gaquere was born in Brussels in 1977. He has also performed in guitar-duo formation with Denis Sung-Hô and now often collaborates with the Brazilian percussionist Renato Martins.... more
- Birthplace: Brussels, Eurasia, Belgium