List of famous guitarists born who were born in Middle East, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Many of these guitar players from Middle East are legends in the music world, each with their own innovative styles of play. If you play guitar, whether acoustic or electric, then these famous Middle East guitar players should be people you look up to. These are some of the best guitarists that have ever picked up the instrument, and whether they play rock, blues, metal or folk, these men and women are considered legends.
Everything from Armik to Avi Bortnick is included on this list.This list answers the questions, "What guitar players are from Middle East?" and "Who are famous Middle East guitarists?"
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesArmik Dashchi, professionally known as Armik, is an Iranian Armenian flamenco guitarist and composer. Several of Armik's albums have reached Billboard's Top New Age Albums chart. New flamenco guitarist Armik displayed an interest in and passion for music while still a young child. When he was just seven years old, he pawned his watch for a classical guitar, which he hid and practiced on in the basement. Formal music lessons followed and Armik completed the Rudolph Solphege program in two years; at 12, he was a professional recording artist. While his early career focused mostly on jazz, Armik discovered the beauty and passion of flamenco while visiting and studying in Spain during the... more on Wikipedia
- Nationality: Iran, Spain, Armenia
- Birthplace: Iran
- Aviv Geffen (Hebrew: אביב גפן, born May 10, 1973) is an Israeli rock musician, singer, songwriter, producer, keyboardist, and guitarist and the son of writer and poet Yehonatan Geffen and Nurit Makover, brother of actress Shira Geffen, and an alumnus of Rimon School of Jazz and Contemporary Music. In addition to his solo career, Geffen is a founding member of the band Blackfield. Geffen was and is extremely popular among Israeli youth who were known during the 1990s as the "Moonlight Children" (ילדי אור הירח). Politically, he associates with the Israeli left. His music deals with subjects such as love, peace, death, suicide, politics, and the army (in particular, the IDF). He is often... more on Wikipedia
- Nationality: Israel
- Birthplace: Ramat Gan, Israel
- Lily Afshar is an Iranian American classical guitarist.... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Tehran, Iran
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domain
- Nationality: Iran
- Birthplace: Iran, Middle East, Eurasia, Asia