List of famous guitarists born who were born in West Midlands, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Many of these guitar players from West Midlands are legends in the music world, each with their own innovative styles of play. If you play guitar, whether acoustic or electric, then these famous West Midlands guitar players should be people you look up to. These are some of the best guitarists that have ever picked up the instrument, and whether they play rock, blues, metal or folk, these men and women are considered legends.
The list you're viewing is made up of a variety of different items, including Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi.This list answers the questions, "What guitar players are from West Midlands?" and "Who are famous West Midlands guitarists?"
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesAndy Cox (born Andrew Cox, 25 January 1956) is a British guitarist born in Birmingham, who along with Dave Wakeling, founded The Beat in 1978.The Beat achieved eight Top 40 singles and three hit albums in the UK before announcing their break up in 1983. Some of their notable hits included "Mirror in the Bathroom", "Hands Off She's Mine" and "Can't Get Used to Losing You". In 1985 he joined fellow Beat member David Steele and singer Roland Gift, to form Fine Young Cannibals. In 1988, while Fine Young Cannibals were on hiatus, Cox and Steele released the instrumental house music single, "Tired of Getting Pushed Around", under the name of Two Men, A Drum Machine and A Trumpet. It reached #18... more
- Nationality: England
- Birthplace: Birmingham, England
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainRobert Jackson (born 6 January 1949, Coventry, England) is an English rock musician most famous for being a member of Badfinger from 1974 to 1975 and 1981 to 1983, and of The Fortunes from 1995 to the present. He currently tours under the Badfinger name in the United Kingdom.... more
- Birthplace: Coventry, United Kingdom
- David "Clem" Clempson (born 5 September 1949 in Tamworth, Staffordshire) is an English rock guitarist who has played as a member in a number of bands including Colosseum and Humble Pie.... more
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Birthplace: Tamworth, Staffordshire, England
- David Thomas Mason (born 10 May 1946) is an English singer-songwriter and guitarist from Worcester, who first found fame with the rock band Traffic. Over the course of his career, Mason has played and recorded with many notable pop and rock musicians, including Paul McCartney, George Harrison, the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Michael Jackson, David Crosby, Graham Nash, Steve Winwood, Fleetwood Mac, Delaney & Bonnie, Leon Russell and Cass Elliot. One of Mason's best known songs is "Feelin' Alright", recorded by Traffic in 1968 and later by many other performers, including Joe Cocker, whose version of the song was a hit in 1969. For Traffic, he also wrote "Hole in My Shoe", a... more
- Nationality: England
- Birthplace: Worcester, United Kingdom