As we wait for the new Halloween movie, we're ranking all the movies in the Halloween franchise. Except for Halloween III: Season of the Witch, the Halloween movies feature masked killer Michael Myers hunting down the other characters. What is the best Halloween movie in the series?
Directed by "The Master of Horror" John Carpenter, the first Halloween movie is considered to be one of the first slasher films in the modern horror genre. Starring Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, the 1978 horror slasher spawned nine sequels over three decades. Curtis is returning to reprise her role in the new Halloween movie, which is set to premiere in October 2018. Danny McBride and David Gordon Green, who is also directing, will be writing the direct sequel to Halloween II.
Vote for the best Halloween movie in the series.
- Halloween is a 1978 American independent slasher horror film directed and scored by John Carpenter, co-written with producer Debra Hill, and starring Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis in her film debut. The film was the first installment in what has become the Halloween franchise. The plot is set in the fictional Midwestern town of Haddonfield, Illinois. Fifteen years after Halloween night in 1963, Micheal Myers escapes from a psychiatric hospital, returns home, and stalks teenager Laurie Strode and her friends.... more on Wikipedia
2,21481Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Jamie Lee Curtis, Kyle Richards, Donald Pleasence, Sandy Johnson, Charles Cyphers
- Released: 1978
- Directed by: John Carpenter
- Photo: 20th Century FoxHalloween is a 2018 horror film directed by David Gordon Green, and the 11th film in the Halloween franchise. Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers (Nick Castle), the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.... more on Wikipedia
1,044254Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Nick Castle
- Released: 2018
- Directed by: David Gordon Green
- Photo: Universal PicturesHalloween II is a 1981 slasher horror film directed by Rick Rosenthal, and written and produced by John Carpenter and Debra Hill. It is the second installment in the Halloween series and is a direct sequel to Carpenter's Halloween, immediately picking up where it had left off. Set on the same night of October 31, 1978 as the seemingly unkillable Michael Myers continues to follow Laurie Strode to a nearby hospital while Dr. Sam Loomis is still in pursuit of his patient. Stylistically, Halloween II reproduces certain key elements that made the original Halloween a success, such as first-person camera perspectives and unexceptional settings. The sequel was a box office success, grossing over... more on Wikipedia
1,441389Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Jamie Lee Curtis, Dana Carvey, Kyle Richards, Donald Pleasence, Ana Alicia
- Released: 1981
- Directed by: Rick Rosenthal
- Photo: Halloween H20 / Dimension FilmsHalloween H20: 20 Years Later, is a 1998 American slasher film and is the seventh installment in the Halloween film series. It is directed by Steve Miner and starring Jamie Lee Curtis, LL Cool J, Josh Hartnett and Michelle Williams. The film was released on August 5, 1998 to mark the 20th anniversary of the original Halloween. The story was developed and created by Robert Zappia. The screenplay was written by Robert Zappia and Matt Greenberg.... more on Wikipedia
1,205563Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Jamie Lee Curtis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michelle Williams, LL Cool J, Josh Hartnett
- Released: 1998
- Directed by: Steve Miner