List of popular Hans Werner Henze operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Hans Werner Henze operas list includes the names of all Hans Werner Henze operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Hans Werner Henze operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Hans Werner Henze opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Hans Werner Henze operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
You can rank all of these composers, from L'Upupa und der Triumph der Sohnesliebe to The Bassarids.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Hans Werner Henze write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Hans Werner Henze operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Hans Werner Henze.
Boulevard SolitudeBoulevard Solitude is an opera by Hans Werner Henze.... more
- Das verratene Meer is an opera in two parts and 14 scenes, with music by Hans Werner Henze to a German libretto by Hans-Ulrich Treichel, after Yukio Mishima's novel The Sailor Who Fell from Grace... more
- Der junge Lord is an opera in two acts by Hans Werner Henze to a German libretto by Ingeborg Bachmann, after Wilhelm Hauff's Der Affe als Mensch from Der Scheik von Alexandria und seine Sklaven. The... more
- Der Prinz von Homburg is a German-language opera in three acts by Hans Werner Henze with a libretto by Ingeborg Bachmann. It was completed in 1958 but premiered on 22 May 1960 in Hamburg.... more
Don Chisciotte della Mancia
- Elegy for Young Lovers is an opera in three acts by Hans Werner Henze to an English libretto by W. H. Auden and Chester Kallman.... more
König HirschKönig Hirsch is an opera in three acts by Hans Werner Henze to a German libretto by Heinz von Cramer after a fable by Carlo Gozzi.... more
- L'Upupa und der Triumph der Sohnesliebe is an opera by Hans Werner Henze with a German libretto by the composer, inspired by Arab and Persian legends. This is Henze's 15th, and self-stated final,... more
PhaedraPhaedra is a 'concert opera' in two-acts by Hans Werner Henze. Its first performance was given at the Berlin State Opera on 6 September 2007. The work is a co-commission and co-production with the... more
- The Bassarids is an opera in one act and an intermezzo, with music Hans Werner Henze to an English libretto by W. H. Auden and Chester Kallman, after Euripides's The Bacchae. The conflict in the... more
- The English Cat is an opera in two acts by Hans Werner Henze to an English libretto by Edward Bond, based on Les peines de coeur d'une chatte anglaise by Honoré de Balzac. The opera was first... more
- Venus und Adonis is a one-act opera by Hans Werner Henze with a German libretto by Hans-Ulrich Treichel, after the poem by William Shakespeare. The work uses both singers and dancers. It was first... more
We Come to the RiverWe Come to the River is an opera by Hans Werner Henze to an English libretto by Edward Bond. Henze and Bond described this work as "Actions for music", rather than an opera. It was Henze's 7th opera,... more