Hard Rock Cafe recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Hard Rock Cafe menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Hard Rock Cafe, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of On The Border popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the best chain restaurants in the world to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Hard Rock Cafe was founded in London, England in 1971 and has grown to include 175 restaurants in 53 countries. The chain includes casinos and restaurants and has one of the largest rock memorabilia collections in the world.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Hard Rock Cafe recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Hard Rock Cafe recipes from around the Web.
Tupelo-Style ChickenPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
2 teaspoons honey pinch paprika
Apricot Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon apricot preserves
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup corn flake crumbs- Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 chicken breast tenders
- Honey Mustard Dip: Combine ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Apricot Dip: Combine ingredients in another bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chicken is ready.
- Breading: Combine corn flake crumbs, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg in a bowl, add milk and stir.
- Pour flour into another bowl.
- When oil is hot, bread chicken by coating each tender with flour.
- Dip chicken into egg/milk mixture and back into flour.
- Dip each chicken tender back in egg/milk mixture and then into the corn flake crumb mixture. Be sure to coat each chicken piece thoroughly.
- Fry 4 to 6 coated tenders at a time for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- Drain and serve chicken with dipping sauces on the side. Makes 4-6 servings.449Would you try this?
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BY
1 pound chicken breast fillets- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 pound chicken thigh fillets
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced celery
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
1 cup sliced carrot
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
2 cups egg noodles
Minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Rub a small amount of vegetable oil over surface of chicken. Arrange them on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion and celery for 4-5 minutes.
- Dice chicken and add it to pot along with the remaining ingredients except noodles.
- Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Add noodles and simmer for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired. Makes 6 servings.4418Would you try this?
Hard Rock Cafe's Shrimp FajitasPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
1 pound medium shrimp, shelled- Stir together shrimp, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice. Let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature.
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 cloves minced garlic
1/3 cup lime juice
4 (9-inch) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sour cream
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350 degrees f oven for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion. Stir occasionally limp.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- Add shrimp mixture to pan and increase heat with often stirring until shrimp are opaque in center; cut to test.
- Return vegetables to pan, mix with shrimp.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into tortillas. Top with sour cream and roll up. Makes 4 servings.3513Would you try this?
Hard Rock Cafe ChiliPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 -1/2 lb hamburger
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp instant dried minced onion- Brown hamburger, drain off fat.
1 tsp instant dried minced garlic
cayenne pepper to taste
15 oz. Can tomatoes, chopped with liquid
16 oz. Can red kidney beans
4 oz. Jar pimentos with liquid
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup diced celery
- Cook onion until softened.
- Add to hamburger; add crushed garlic.
- Combine tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, soy sauce, celery salt, cumin, black pepper, seasoned salt, minced onion, minced garlic and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Add to hamburger mixture.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans. Add to hamburger mixture along with tomatoes and their liquid. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook and cover for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pimentos and liquid, green pepper and celery.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.4424Would you try this?