The Guardians of the Galaxy, are MCU's favorite group of outcasts who found redemption through the power of teamwork. While the tone of both Guardians movies is lighthearted and fun, there is serious heartbreak, subtly tucked in within the characters' backstories and actions. Between Peter Quill having to endure his mother's sickness at the hands of his father (a literal god) or Gamora and Nebula's tragic upbringing, this group of rebels will leave you feeling a little sad inside. Here are some of the most heartbreaking things fans have pointed out about the Guardians of the Galaxy we never thought about before.
1. Peter Quill Has Had To Endure So Much Heartbreak Throughout His Life
2. Giving Yondu A Ravanger Funeral Is Heartwarming And Heartbreaking At The Same TimePhoto: heywood_ms/Twitter
3. Everybody After ‘Guardians Vol.2’Photo: theyondu/Tumblr
4. “I Love You More Than Anything”Photo: Pinterest
5. Groot Calling Rocket “Dad”
6. “I’m Mary Poppins Ya’ll”