A lot of LGBTQ+ content tends to be tragic or traumatic, but in recent years, more and more positive, heartwarming TV shows have been released to the joy of the queer community. In honor of Pride month, here are some TV shows known for their inclusivity as well their ability to bring a smile to your face.
Here is some escapism from the trials and tribulations that members of the LGBTQ community, from the sweet, wholesome romance of Charlie and Nick in Netflix's Heartstopper to Apple TV+'s delightful Dickinson, a whimsical and unabashedly fun take on Emily Dickinson's life starring Hailee Steinfeld. And if reality TV is your cup of tea, there's Netflix's Queer Eye reboot that's as uplifting as it is funny, or the iconic RuPaul's Drag Race may be more your speed if watching your favorite drag queens compete and dole out hilarious one liners is your idea of a good time!
Make sure to vote up the shows that you think are the most heartwarming, positive and uplifting!
- Heartstopper (Netflix, 2022) is a British coming-of-age teen romance drama series created by Alice Oseman and is based on the graphic novel of the same name. The series follows teens Charlie and ...more
- A teenager stumbles upon a portal to a magical realm where she befriends a rebellious witch.
- A magic sword transforms an orphan into warrior She-Ra, who starts a rebellion to fight evil.
- Eight strangers each experience a violent vision that links them all, both mentally and emotionally.
- Three friends explore the fun and nearly limitless options available to a new generation of gay men.
- High school students explore modern sexuality, testing beliefs about life, love and family.
- Drag queens compete to be the last contestant standing.
- When a rich family goes broke, its members move to Schitt's Creek, a depressing small town.
- Voguing teams, called "Houses," compete in dance challenges and showcase fashions.
- A group of women face the trials of life and love in Los Angeles.
- Two sisters are confronted by the past when they learn the truth about their mother's identity.
- In this coming-of-age story, Emily Dickinson is determined to become the world's greatest poet.
- Nola Darling struggles to define herself and divide her time amongst her friends, job and lovers.
- The newly single Harley Quinn sets off to make it on her own in Gotham City.
- Five gay style experts aid hapless straight men.
- Two mothers raise a multiethnic family of foster and biological children.
- Long-time rivals are brought together when their husbands fall in love with each other.
- The story of Steven, the youngest member of a team of magical Guardians of the Universe.
- Young women navigate the predominantly male-oriented world of skateboarding in New York City.
- Comic Mae tries to control the addictive behaviors and intense romanticism that permeate her life.
- A neurotic 20-something navigates difficult moments with his siblings.
- Drag queens recruit and train small-town residents for a one-night-only drag performance.
- The clash between working-class teens and wealthy students at a private school leads to murder.
- Inexperienced Otis and rebellious Maeve set up an underground sex therapy clinic at school.
- The legends, icons and ferocious house mothers of New York's underground ball culture.