List of the best Henry Fonda movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Henry Fonda's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Henry Fonda movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Henry Fonda movies will be at the top of the list. Henry Fonda has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Henry Fonda movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Henry Fonda films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Henry Fonda role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Henry Fonda performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
A list made up of films like Spawn of the North and Bernice Bobs Her Hair."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Henry Fonda movies?" and "What are the greatest Henry Fonda roles of all time?"
Notable directors that worked with Henry Fonda include names like Alfred Hitchcock, Fritz Lang and John Ford. If you're a fan of Henry Fonda, then check out our lists of the best Gregory Peck and Rod Steiger movies as well.
- The Joad clan, introduced to the world in John Steinbeck's iconic novel, is looking for a better life in California. After their drought-ridden farm is seized by the bank, the family -- led by ...more
- In one of her most renowned roles, Bette Davis portrays Julie Marsden, a spoiled Southern belle who risks losing her suitor with her impetuous behavior. Engaged to successful banker Preston Dillard ...more
- The year is 1776, and newlyweds Gilbert (Henry Fonda) and Lana Martin (Claudette Colbert) have decided to take up a rural lifestyle. However, following the onset of the American Revolutionary War, ...more
- In this classic Western, wanderers Gil Carter (Henry Fonda) and Art Croft (Henry Morgan) ride into a small Nevada town plagued by cattle thieves. Initially suspected of being the rustlers themselves, ...more
- Following the closing arguments in a murder trial, the 12 members of the jury must deliberate, with a guilty verdict meaning death for the accused, an inner-city teen. As the dozen men try to reach a ...more
- In the years leading to Napoleon's invasion, members of the Russian aristocracy face a myriad of personal tragedies. After his father dies, Count Pierre Bezukhov (Henry Fonda), a friend of Prince ...more
- It's no accident when wealthy Charles (Henry Fonda) falls for Jean (Barbara Stanwyck). Jean is a con artist with her sights set on Charles' fortune. Matters complicate when Jean starts falling for ...more
- There's a single piece of land around Flagstone with water on it, and rail baron Morton (Gabriele Ferzetti) aims to have it, knowing the new railroad will have to stop there. He sends his henchman ...more
- The Wrong Man is a 1956 docu-drama by Alfred Hitchcock which stars Henry Fonda and Vera Miles. The film was drawn from the true story of an innocent man charged with a crime, as described in the ...more
- Morgan Hickman (Henry Fonda) is a tough gunslinger with a knack for keeping his cool in tense situations. When he wanders into a town where the local lawman has been killed, he finds callow but eager ...more
- Jesse James is a western film directed by Henry King and starring Tyrone Power, Henry Fonda, Nancy Kelly and Randolph Scott. Written by Nunnally Johnson, the film is loosely based on the life of the ...more
- When a string of women in Boston start turning up dead, the police launch an investigation headed by John Bottomly (Henry Fonda). Through chance, Bottomly gets the evidence he needs to arrest Albert ...more
- The Best Man is a 1964 political drama film directed by Franklin J. Schaffner with a screenplay by Gore Vidal based on his play of the same title. Starring Henry Fonda, Cliff Robertson, and Lee ...more
- Bittersweet film about a supply officer aboard a decrepit cargo ship during World War II who yearns for a transfer into a combat zone but is thwarted by the ship's captain, a petty tyrant. Forced to ...more
- In the middle of a long cattle drive, Wyatt Earp (Henry Fonda) and his brothers stop off for a night in the town of Tombstone. The next morning they find their cattle stolen, and one of the brothers ...more
- Cantankerous retiree Norman Thayer (Henry Fonda) and his conciliatory wife, Ethel (Katharine Hepburn), spend summers at their New England vacation home on the shores of idyllic Golden Pond. This ...more
- Fort Apache is a 1948 American Western film directed by John Ford and starring John Wayne and Henry Fonda. The film was the first of the director's "cavalry trilogy" and was followed by She Wore a ...more
- The Return of Frank James is a 1940 western film directed by Fritz Lang and starring Henry Fonda and Gene Tierney. It is a sequel to Henry King's 1939 film Jesse James. Written by Sam Hellman, the ...more
- In a Latin American country where the government has outlawed public religious displays, the last priest (Henry Fonda) in a village seeks refuge in a church, disguised as a peasant. Discovered by an ...more
- In this dramatized account of his early law career in Illinois, Abraham Lincoln (Henry Fonda) is born into a modest log cabin, where he is encouraged by his first love, Ann Rutledge (Pauline Moore), ...more
- In 1944, the U.S. Army and Allied forces plan a huge invasion landing in Normandy, France. Despite bad weather, General Eisenhower gives the okay and the Allies land at Normandy. General Norma Cota ...more
- Hired to protect a small mining town in Utah, gunslinger Clay Blaisedell (Henry Fonda) and his devoted follower, Tom Morgan (Anthony Quinn), partake in numerous liberties afforded by their position ...more
- Setting off on a journey to the west in the 1830s, the Prescott family run into a man named Linus (James Stewart), who helps them fight off a pack of thieves. Linus then marries daughter Eve Prescott ...more
- Eva Lovelace (Susan Strasberg) has more confidence than talent, but the New York City newcomer believes her inexperience won't keep her from the stage. In this "Morning Glory" update, Eva talks her ...more
- Fail-Safe is a 1964 Cold thriller film directed by Sidney Lumet, based on the 1962 novel of the same name by Eugene Burdick and Harvey Wheeler. The film features performances by veteran actors Henry ...more