List of popular Henry Purcell operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Henry Purcell operas list includes the names of all Henry Purcell operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Henry Purcell operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Henry Purcell opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Henry Purcell operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
List is made up of many different composers, including Dido and Aeneas and The Indian Queen.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Henry Purcell write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Henry Purcell operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Henry Purcell.
- Dido and Aeneas is an opera in a prologue and three acts, written by the English Baroque... more on Wikipedia
- Dioclesian is a tragicomic semi-opera in five acts by Henry Purcell to a libretto by Thomas... more on Wikipedia
- King Arthur, or The British Worthy, is a semi-opera in five acts with music by Henry Purcell... more on Wikipedia
- The Fairy-Queen is a masque or semi-opera by Henry Purcell; a "Restoration spectacular". The... more on Wikipedia
- The Indian Queen is a play by Sir Robert Howard, written in collaboration with John Dryden,... more on Wikipedia
- The Indian Queen, is a semi-opera in five acts with music by Henry Purcell, first performed at... more on Wikipedia
The Indian Queen