Whether you are a hipster or you're just "asking for a friend," you may find this list of hipster brands useful. No judgement here. If you're interested in hipster fashion, you may already know some of the basic tenants: flannel shirts, kewl glasses, vintage and/or ironic t-shirts, artisan food, and mason jars. So many mason jars.
Some would say that hipster culture revolves around not buying brand-name anything - and yet, there are some brands that hipsters love, and you will find them here. From the American Spirit cigarettes they smoke to the kimchi they store in their Ball mason jars, the brands listed here are quintessentially hipster. And clothing brands? American Apparel, Levi's, Converse... Do Ray-Bans count as clothes? Because hipsters freaking love them.Add to this list if you can think of any hipster lifestyle companies that are missing. And to further your research into hipster sensibilities, you may also want to check out these voteable lists of hipster bands, hipster movies, and jobs loved by hipsters.
- rainer-brown added
- Wayfarers are known to keep annoying people away
- Classic denim and apparel that will never go out of style
- Acid wash jeans, flannels, old band shirts... for pennies on the dollar of what they'd be at stores
- Simple, classic, and timeless shoes for your feet
- Pick out your Holga camera, record frames, and slouchy sweaters here
- You only drink out of mason jars at home. Also used to decorate, store, and pickle things
- There's a lot of crossover between hipsters and the Cult of Apple
- Because everything sounds better on vinyl
- Mitchell Yang added
For all your Stranger Things fixations.
- Get your neon fix and all of your overpriced basics
- Rushmore is your favorite movie, and you only use Futura font
- Ideal notebooks to jot down those ideas that come to you in your local coffee shop
- micah-stewart added
- sross051091 added
- Cheap beer. Usually sold in conjunction with a cheap shot of whiskey
- Where else are you going to wear flower crowns & headdresses?
- Warm flannels and blankets that are worth the splurge if you can't find them at the thrift store.
- 100% additive free natural tobacco... as close to "artisan" as cigarettes get
- Get the scoop on your new favorite underground hip hop act that hasn't even formed yet
- rainer-brown added
- Grab some quirky frames at this socially conscious eyeglass startup
- Guest_2488a341-714b-400a-9860-54e69aa2108f added
- AlanZimny added
- carlybobarly added