A Very Merry Drinking Game For Cheesy Holiday TV Movies
Vote up the rules that fill you with the holiday spirit.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year: snow is falling, jingle bells chime, and busy big city executives are getting stranded in charming small towns and learning what’s really important. That’s right, 'tis the season for gloriously cheery and cheesy made-for-TV holiday movies. Once limited to channels like Hallmark, these flicks seem to be everywhere these days; EW estimates that over 160 were released in 2022 alone. They’re incredibly popular, but also incredibly formulaic – and that’s where seasonal cocktails come in.
If you’re watching these movies anyway, why not spice things up a little and play a drinking game? The rules below will help you feel even more festive as you celebrate the very best tropes of TV Christmas movies. With love in your heart and a drink in your hand, get ready to imbibe as you enjoy some contemporary holiday classics.
1. If Santa Shows Up, Finish Your DrinkPhoto: Falling for Christmas / Netflix
2. Drink When Snow Starts To FallPhoto: Snowglobe / ABC Family
3. Take A Small Drink Whenever Someone Says, 'But It's Christmas!'Photo: A Gift Wrapped Christmas / Lifetime Television
4. Drink If There's A Kiss Under The MistletoePhoto: Mistletoe & Menorahs / Lifetime Network
5. Drink When A Late Spouse/Mother/Relative Is MentionedPhoto: Love at the Christmas Contest / GAC Family
6. Take A Shot If Magic HappensPhoto: The Holiday Calendar / Netflix