Who knew there were so many hot historical figures from the last few hundred years? Attractive historical figures can be found in every profession and every culture. With the advent of photography, people got to see just how fetching a brooding novelist or scientist or inventor could be. Many of the men and women who are best remembered as old actually used to be incredibly attractive - and we have photographic proof.
In his younger days, bank-robbing revolutionary Joseph Stalin cut a handsome figure. Hermann Rorschach, inventor of the Inkblot Test, is one of the best looking men from the 1800s. There are plenty of other hot dead guys, though. These historical hotties come from all over, whether it be an American historical figure, or a great mind from Europe. The question is, who is the hottest?
This list isn't men-only, either. Some of the historical cutest people in the world include Jane Eyre author Charlotte Bronte, and Margaret E. Knight, inventor of the paper bag. First Lady Barbara Bush is another historical beauty. Among these male and female historical hotties, there are sexy scientists, bank robbers, and poets.
Hermann RorschachHermann Rorschach (German: [ˈhɛrman ˈroːrʃax]; 8 November 1884 – 1 April 1922) was a Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst. His education in art helped to spur the development of a set of inkblots that were used experimentally to measure various unconscious parts of the subject's personality. His method has come to be referred to as the Rorschach test, iterations of which have continued to be used over the years to help identify personality, psychotic, and neurological disorders. Rorschach continued to refine the test until his premature death at age 37. Rorschach lived a short yet successful life while influencing the world of psychology.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 37 (1884-1922)
- Birthplace: Zürich, Switzerland
- Barbara Pierce Bush (born Barbara Pierce; June 8, 1925 – April 17, 2018) was the first lady of the United States from 1989 to 1993 as the wife of George H. W. Bush, who served as the 41st president of the United States, and founder of the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy. She previously was the second lady of the United States from 1981 to 1989. Among her six children are George W. Bush, the 43rd president of the United States, and Jeb Bush, the 43rd governor of Florida. Barbara Pierce was born in New York City. She met George Herbert Walker Bush at the age of sixteen, and the two married in Rye, New York in 1945, while he was on leave during his deployment as a Naval officer in... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 92 (1925-2018)
- Birthplace: NYC, US
- Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin (born Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili; 18 December [O.S. 6] 1878 – 5 March 1953) was a Georgian revolutionary and Soviet politician who led the Soviet Union from the mid–1920s until 1953 as General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1922–1952) and Premier (1941–1953). Initially presiding over a collective leadership as first among equals, by the 1930s he was the country's de facto dictator. A communist ideologically committed to the Leninist interpretation of Marxism, Stalin formalised these ideas as Marxism–Leninism, while his own policies are known as Stalinism. Born to a poor family in Gori in the Russian Empire (now Georgia), Stalin... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 74 (1878-1953)
- Birthplace: Gori, Georgia
- Lewis Thornton Powell (April 22, 1844 – July 7, 1865), also known as Lewis Payne and Lewis Paine, was an American who attempted to assassinate United States Secretary of State William H. Seward on April 14, 1865. He was a conspirator with John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated President Abraham Lincoln that same night. Powell was a Confederate soldier wounded at Gettysburg. He later served in Mosby's Rangers before working with the Confederate Secret Service in Maryland. He met Booth and was recruited into an unsuccessful plot to kidnap Lincoln. On April 14, 1865, Booth resolved to have Lincoln, Seward, and Vice President Andrew Johnson all assassinated. Powell was given the task to kill... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 21 (1844-1865)
- Birthplace: Alabama