List of the best James Coburn movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. James Coburn's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top James Coburn movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated James Coburn movies will be at the top of the list. James Coburn has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest James Coburn movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining James Coburn films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best James Coburn role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest James Coburn performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Examples of films on this list: The Great Escape, Duck, You Sucker! and more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best James Coburn movies?" and "What are the greatest James Coburn roles of all time?"
- During World War II, Cpl. Rolf Steiner (James Coburn) is a well-respected member of the German military and a recipient of the Iron Cross, Germany's highest military honor. Envious of Steiner's ...more
- When a global criminal organization flexes its power over weather and tectonic activity, secret agent Derek Flint (James Coburn) is summoned from retirement to get to the bottom of the matter. While ...more
- Imprisoned during World War II in a German POW camp, a group of Allied soldiers are intent on breaking out, not only to escape, but also to draw Nazi forces away from battle to search for fugitives. ...more
- After Regina Lampert (Audrey Hepburn) falls for the dashing Peter Joshua (Cary Grant) on a skiing holiday in the French Alps, she discovers upon her return to Paris that her husband has been ...more
- During the Great Depression, Chaney (Charles Bronson) bare-knuckle boxes to survive. Speed (James Coburn), an avid gambler, recognizes his talent and becomes his manager. They hire a cut man named ...more
- A Mexican village is at the mercy of Calvera, the leader of a band of outlaws. The townspeople, too afraid to fight for themselves, hire seven American gunslingers to free them from the bandits' ...more
- During the end of the Civil War, Major Dundee guards Confederate prisoners, Union deserters and ordinary hard-bitten criminals in a remote fort. When Apaches attack the fort and make off with three ...more
- In a small New Hampshire town, washed-up cop Wade Whitehouse (Nick Nolte) has a troubled past, an abusive father (James Coburn), the contempt of his ex-wife (Mary Beth Hurt) and an unimpressive ...more
- At the beginning of the Mexican Revolution in 1913, greedy bandit Juan Miranda (Rod Steiger) and idealist John H. Mallory (James Coburn), an Irish Republican Army explosives expert on the lam from ...more
- Sheriff Pat Garrett (James Coburn) is ordered by Governor Wallace (Jason Robards) to go after the outlaw Billy the Kid (Kris Kristofferson) because the cattle businessmen want him caught. Although ...more
- Former Z.O.W.I.E. spy Derek Flint (James Coburn) is called back from retirement after his former spy chief, Lloyd C. Cramden (Lee J. Cobb), is framed for prurient behavior with a prostitute, and U.S. ...more
- The Last of Sheila is a 1973 mystery film that was directed by Herbert Ross and written directly for the screen by Anthony Perkins and Stephen Sondheim, It starred Richard Benjamin, Dyan Cannon, ...more
- During World War II, a small group of soldiers led by the brave Sergeant Larkin (Harry Guardino) anticipate returning home after fighting on the Siegfried Line in France. Among them are Reese (Steve ...more
- In this lively satire, psychiatrist Sidney Schaefer (James Coburn) is recruited by the U.S. government to serve as the president's own top-secret psychoanalyst. On call at all hours and privy to the ...more
- In 1944, Lt. Cmdr. Charles Madison (James Garner) prides himself on being a cynical coward unwilling to step foot on shore during D-Day. His relaxed lifestyle attracts Englishwoman Emily Barham ...more
- Bounty hunter Ben Brigade (Randolph Scott) is on his way to California with his prisoner, Billy John (James Best), who is unaware that Brigade is really after his brother, Frank (Lee Van Cleef). The ...more
- Death of a Soldier is a 1986 Australian film based on the life of American serial killer Eddie Leonski. The film was shot using locations around Melbourne, Victoria. The film is directed by Philippe ...more
- Draw! is a 1984 American/Canadian comedy-western film by Steven Hilliard Stern
- Payback is a 1999 American action film directed by Brian Helgeland and starring Mel Gibson, Gregg Henry, Maria Bello and David Paymer. It was based on the novel The Hunter by Donald E. Westlake using ...more
- American officers Lt. Christian (James Coburn) and Capt. Cash (Dick Shawn) are among the soldiers ordered to take over a small town in Sicily during World War II. Remarkably, the townsfolk have no ...more
- Cavalry soldiers led by Sgt. Henry Foggers (Claude Akins) steal a shipment of gold bullion and bury it at a desert waterhole near the Wild West town of Integrity. When slick gambler Lewton Cole ...more
- The Internecine Project is a 1974 British espionage thriller film written by Mort W. Elkind, Barry Levinson, and Jonathan Lynn, directed by Ken Hughes and starring James Coburn and Lee Grant. Set in ...more
- After working as a two-man team for years, older pickpockets Harry (James Coburn) and Casey (Walter Pidgeon) have recently taken on two young recruits: Ray (Michael Sarrazin) and his girlfriend, ...more
- American Gun is a 2002 drama film written and directed by Alan Jacobs. It stars James Coburn, Virginia Madsen, Barbara Bain and Alexandra Holden.
- Con artist Eli Kotch (James Coburn) schemes his way to parole by seducing the prison's female psychologist. Once free, he seduces many women, sometimes using disguises and accents to steal what he ...more