List of the best James Spader movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. In recent years, James Spader has found success on TV series like Boston Legal, The Office and The Blacklist, but his filmography is also full of interesting work. James Spader's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top James Spader movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated James Spader movies will be at the top of the list. James Spader has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest James Spader movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining James Spader films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best James Spader role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest James Spader performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list below has a variety of films, like Sex, Lies, and Videotape and Pretty in Pink, in it."This list answers the questions, "What are the best James Spader movies?" and "What are the greatest James Spader roles of all time?" If you are a fan of Spader's early work, you might also enjoy our list of best Andrew McCarthy movies and best Robert Downey, Jr. movies.
James Spader is no stranger to working with popular directors, including Steven Spielberg, David Cronenberg and Steven Soderbergh. Is James Spader your favorite person to watch on the big screen? You might also want to vote on our best Mandy Patinkin and Timothy Olyphant films lists too.
- Clay (Andrew McCarthy) comes home to Los Angeles after his first semester of college and encounters some disturbing developments. His former lover, burgeoning model Blair (Jami Gertz), has begun to ...more
- Andie (Molly Ringwald) is an outcast at her Chicago high school, hanging out either with her older boss (Annie Potts), who owns the record store where she works, or her quirky classmate Duckie (Jon ...more
- Ann (Andie MacDowell) is trapped in a sexually and emotionally unfulfilled relationship with her husband, John (Peter Gallagher), a successful but unpleasant lawyer who is sleeping with her sister, ...more
- True Colors is an American drama film written by Kevin Wade and directed by Herbert Ross. The cast included John Cusack, James Spader and Richard Widmark in his final movie role.
- In modern-day Egypt, professor Daniel Jackson (James Spader) teams up with retired Army Col. Jack O'Neil (Kurt Russell) to unlock the code of an interstellar gateway to an ancient Egypt-like world. ...more
- In a sickening coincidence -- or a sinister homage to actual crimes -- women are being murdered in Los Angeles 100 years after Jack the Ripper terrorized London. Police think John Westford (James ...more
- After being bitten by a wolf in rural Vermont, aging book editor Will Randall (Jack Nicholson) finds himself full of youthful vigor. Randall then discovers that he's been fired and replaced by ...more
- The new guy (James Spader) in a Los Angeles high school does some singing and fights a hotshot (Paul Mones) over a disco dancer (Kim Richards).
- With the nation embroiled in still another year with the high death count of Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln brings the full measure of his passion, humanity and political skill to what would ...more
- Dream Lover is a 1994 American erotic drama film written and directed by Nicholas Kazan and starring James Spader and Mädchen Amick. The original music score was composed by Christopher Young.
- Dosmo Pizzo (Danny Aiello), an ordinary guy, finds himself involved in a murder-for-hire scheme. He is betrayed by his partner, the strangely serene Lee Woods (James Spader), who leaves him for dead. ...more
- Storyville is a 1992 film directed by Mark Frost and starring James Spader.
- J.C. Wiatt (Diane Keaton) is a New York City businesswoman who is married to her job and has a relationship with Steven (Harold Ramis), a successful investment broker. J.C.'s life takes an unexpected ...more
- Speaking of Sex is a 2001 film directed by John McNaughton.
- Jonathan Switcher (Andrew McCarthy), an unemployed artist, finds a job as an assistant window dresser for a department store. When Jonathan happens upon a beautiful mannequin he previously designed, ...more
- "The Watcher" is an exciting psychological thriller that takes a unique look into the minds of both a serial killer and the man who must, reluctantly, pursue him. In an almost Hitchcockian way, the ...more
- On the Wall Street of the 1980s, Bud Fox (Charlie Sheen) is a stockbroker full of ambition, doing whatever he can to make his way to the top. Admiring the power of the unsparing corporate raider ...more
- Driftwood is a 1997 film directed by Ronan O'Leary.
- Daniel Ellsberg (James Spader) works for a think tank, analyzing data about the escalating Vietnam War, which he ardently supports. Visiting Saigon, he discovers that the situation is more dire than ...more
- Alien Hunter is a 2003 television science-fiction-thriller film, directed by Ron Krauss and stars James Spader, Carl Lewis and Leslie Stefanson.
- Supernova is a science fiction thriller that chronicles the high-stakes adventures of a deep space hospital ship and its six member crew. When their vessel, the Nightingale 229, answers an emergency ...more
- Book publisher Stevenson Lowe (James Spader) isn't sure he wants to get married, despite the protestations of his girlfriend, Julia (Polly Walker). The closest he gets to making that kind of ...more
- Millionaire conservative Bob Roberts (Tim Robbins) launches an insurgent campaign against incumbent senator Brickley Paiste (Gore Vidal), firing up crowds at his rallies by singing '60s-style ...more
- Six high school boys hang out at a local convenience store where they talk about their daily lives.