List of the best James Woods movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. James Woods's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top James Woods movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated James Woods movies will be at the top of the list. James Woods has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest James Woods movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining James Woods films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best James Woods role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest James Woods performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different films, like Split Image and The Disappearance of Aimee."This list answers the questions, "What are the best James Woods movies?" and "What are the greatest James Woods roles of all time?"
Martin Scorsese and David Cronenberg have both worked with James Woods over the years, as have plenty of other well-known directors. If James Woods movies are your thing, then check out the greatest movies by Jon Voight and Brian Dennehy too.
- This film is a biographical examination of former U.S. President Richard Nixon (Anthony Hopkins). The non-chronological narrative explores Nixon's personal and professional life, touching on his ...more
- Once Upon a Time in America is a 1984 Italian epic drama film co-written and directed by Sergio Leone and starring Robert De Niro and James Woods. It chronicles the lives of Jewish ghetto youths who ...more
- Hard-nosed private investigator Harry Moseby (Gene Hackman), to distract himself from a rapidly deteriorating marriage, takes a case from an aging B-movie queen (Janet Ward) to locate her runaway ...more
- Charismatic psychopath Greg Powell (James Woods) teams up with Jimmy Youngblood (Franklyn Seales), a petty thief. Driving in Los Angeles in 1963, they are pulled over by Detective Hettinger (John ...more
- Struggling salesman Lenny Brown (James Woods) gets his big break when real estate speculator Max Sherman (Steven Hill) offers him a prime sales position at his Los Angeles firm. The economic boom of ...more
- In this film based on actual events, black activist Medgar Evers (James Pickens Jr.) is murdered in 1963, and much of the evidence points toward white supremacist Byron De La Beckwith (James Woods). ...more
- Salvador is a 1986 drama film written by Oliver Stone and Richard Boyle, and directed by Stone. It stars James Woods, James Belushi, Michael Murphy, and Elpidia Carrillo, with John Savage, and ...more
- Split Image is a 1982 film directed by Ted Kotcheff.
- As the president of a trashy TV channel, Max Renn (James Woods) is desperate for new programming to attract viewers. When he happens upon "Videodrome," a TV show dedicated to gratuitous torture and ...more
- After being released from a Georgia prison, smooth-talking con man Gabriel Caine (James Woods) teams up with his partner in crime, Fitz (Oliver Platt), and travels to remote Diggstown. Upon arriving, ...more
- Seeking to raise his credibility as an actor and to land a role as a tough cop on a new show, Hollywood action star Nick Lang (Michael J. Fox) works a deal with New York City Police Capt. Brix ...more
- As Northfork, Montana, is being evacuated in preparation for a new dam, young Irwin (Duel Farnes) lies dying in a local orphanage, with Father Harlan (Nick Nolte) by his side, taking care of him. ...more
- This film reconstructs the true story of stockbroker William Griffith Wilson (James Woods), a World War I veteran whose small drinking problem becomes a serious addiction after he loses his fortune ...more
- Disney tackles Greek mythology in this animated feature. Hercules (Tate Donovan), a son of gods, was snatched as a baby by Hades (James Woods) and forced to live among mortals as a half-man, ...more
- Jaded lawyer Eddie Dodd (James Woods), a well-regarded activist in the 1960s whose moment has long passed, now smokes marijuana and defends drug dealers who pay in cash. Recent law graduate Roger ...more
- Police detective and successful author Dennis Meechum (Brian Dennehy) has not been able to write since his wife's death and owes an overdue manuscript to the publisher. When corporate hit man Cleve ...more
- Vampires, also known as John Carpenter's Vampires, is a 1998 American supernatural action-horror film directed and scored by John Carpenter. Adapted from the novel Vampire$ by John Steakley, the film ...more
- Indictment: The McMartin Trial is a made for TV movie that originally aired on HBO on May 20, 1995. Indictment is based on the story of the McMartin preschool trial. A defense lawyer (played by James ...more
- Journalist Steve Everett (Clint Eastwood) has been sober two months, but things are still going badly. Steve's marriage to Barbara (Diane Venora) is barely holding together, and his editor (Denis ...more
- Los Angeles police Detective Lloyd Hopkins (James Woods) gets in trouble with his superiors for his insubordinate ways. When Lloyd realizes that he's on the trail of a serial killer, he is told not ...more
- New York City English professor Axel Freed (James Caan) outwardly seems like an upstanding citizen. But privately Freed is in the clutches of a severe gambling addiction that threatens to destroy ...more
- Doc (Alec Baldwin) and Carol (Kim Basinger) McCoy are married criminals looking for a high-paying score. When Doc ends up in a Mexican prison, Carol tells mob boss Jack Benyon (James Woods) that Doc ...more
- In early-1970s Las Vegas, low-level mobster Sam "Ace" Rothstein (Robert De Niro) gets tapped by his bosses to head the Tangiers Casino. At first, he's a great success in the job, but over the years, ...more
- Story centers on a man whose nine-year-old son is in desperate need of a life-saving transplant. When he discovers that his medical insurance won't cover the costs of the surgery and alternative ...more
- As lawyer Roy Cohn (James Woods) rests in his hospital room, ravaged by the effects of AIDS, he thinks back on his life. Cohn was very instrumental in the success of Senator Joseph McCarthy's (Joe ...more