List of the best Jane Fonda movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Jane Fonda's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Jane Fonda movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Jane Fonda movies will be at the top of the list. Jane Fonda has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Jane Fonda movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Jane Fonda films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Jane Fonda role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Jane Fonda performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List is made up of many different films, including Searching for Debra Winger and 9 to 5."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Jane Fonda movies?" and "What are the greatest Jane Fonda roles of all time?"
- The wife of a Marine serving in Vietnam, Sally Hyde (Jane Fonda) decides to volunteer at a local veterans hospital to occupy her time. There she meets Luke Martin (Jon Voight), a frustrated ...more
- A former champion rodeo rider is reduced to using his saddle skills to promote a breakfast cereal in a gaudy Las Vegas show. When he's asked to perform with a $12 million horse that he discovers is ...more
- This acclaimed thriller stars Jane Fonda as Bree Daniel, a New York City call girl who becomes enmeshed in an investigation into the disappearance of a business executive. Detective John Klute ...more
- A news reporter (Jane Fonda) and her cameraman (Michael Douglas) are unintentional witnesses to a SCRAM incident, an emergency core shutdown procedure at a nuclear power plant in California. The crew ...more
- Cantankerous retiree Norman Thayer (Henry Fonda) and his conciliatory wife, Ethel (Katharine Hepburn), spend summers at their New England vacation home on the shores of idyllic Golden Pond. This ...more
- Office satire about three female secretaries who decide to get revenge on their tyrannical, sexist boss by abducting him and running the business themselves. The trio, one of whom has been passed ...more
- In this film based on a Neil Simon play, newlyweds Corie (Jane Fonda), a free spirit, and Paul Bratter (Robert Redford), an uptight lawyer, share a sixth-floor apartment in Greenwich Village. Soon ...more
- This Oscar-winning drama, based on the writing of Lillian Hellman, depicts the relationship between two friends and its unexpected consequences. After Lillian (Jane Fonda), a renowned playwright, ...more
- In the midst of the Great Depression, manipulative emcee Rocky (Gig Young) enlists contestants for a dance marathon offering a $1,500 cash prize. Among them are a failed actress (Jane Fonda), a ...more
- When hired gun Tim Strawn (Lee Marvin) kills her rancher father, Cat Ballou (Jane Fonda) becomes an outlaw set on vengeance. Enlisting the help of washed-up gunslinger Kid Shelleen (also Marvin) as ...more
- Dr. Martha Livingston (Jane Fonda) is a court-appointed psychiatrist sent to evaluate Sister Agnes (Meg Tilly), a young nun whose infant has been found strangled. With Agnes claiming a virgin ...more
- Failed actress Alex Sternbergen (Jane Fonda) wakes up hungover one morning in an apartment she does not recognize, unable to remember the previous evening -- and with a dead body in bed next to her. ...more
- When "Bubber" Reeves (Robert Redford) escapes from prison, it upsets the folks in the nearby town of Tarl, Texas. Sheriff Calder (Marlon Brando) wants to capture Reeves alive, which puts him in ...more
- Four comedic scenarios play out at a hotel in this adaptation of the Neil Simon play. Divorced couple Hannah (Jane Fonda) and Bill (Alan Alda) argue over custody of their daughter; an actress (Maggie ...more
- Old Gringo is a 1989 film directed by Luis Puenzo and co-written with Aída Bortnik, based on the novel Gringo Viejo by Mexican novelist Carlos Fuentes. The film stars Jane Fonda, Gregory Peck, and ...more
- Iris (Jane Fonda) has a rough go of it after the death of her husband. Though still grieving, she needs to support her dysfunctional family and so she lands a job at a bakery. Things start to look up ...more
- Charlotte (Jennifer Lopez) is smitten when she meets Dr. Kevin Fields (Michael Vartan). So when Kevin pops the question after they start dating, Charlotte happily accepts. But she soon realizes that ...more
- Four friends' lives are turned upside down when their book club tackles the infamous "50 Shades of Grey." From discovering new romance to rekindling old flames, they inspire each other to make their ...more
- Determined single woman Ella Connors (Jane Fonda) struggles to maintain her ranch despite constant attempts by Jacob "J.W." Ewing (Jason Robards), the aging owner of the neighboring ranch, to coerce ...more
- Hurry Sundown is a 1967 American drama film produced and directed by Otto Preminger. It stars Jane Fonda and Michael Caine. The screenplay by Horton Foote and Thomas C. Ryan is based on the 1965 ...more
- During World War II, hard-luck farmer Colvis Nevels (Levon Helm) leaves his rural Kentucky home to take a factory job in bustling Detroit. Reluctantly accompanying Colvis is his long-suffering wife, ...more
- A financial troubleshooter (Kris Kristofferson) shows a Texas oil widow (Jane Fonda) what Saudi Arabia means to her.
- In one chapter of this three-in-one feature inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's tales, a countess (Jane Fonda), shunned by a horseman (Peter Fonda), kills the man and his animals yet pays dearly for her ...more
- In the 1930s, lovesick Texan Dove Linkhorn (Laurence Harvey) hits the road to search for his long-lost sweetheart, Hallie Gerard (Capucine). He meets free-spirited Kitty Twist (Jane Fonda) along the ...more
- Tall Story is a 1960 American romantic comedy film made by Warner Bros., directed by Joshua Logan and starring Anthony Perkins with Jane Fonda, in her first screen role, at the age of 22. It is based ...more