List of the best Jean Simmons movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Jean Simmons's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Jean Simmons movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Jean Simmons movies will be at the top of the list. Jean Simmons has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Jean Simmons movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Jean Simmons films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Jean Simmons role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Jean Simmons performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Spartacus and Angel Face are included in this list."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Jean Simmons movies?" and "What are the greatest Jean Simmons roles of all time?"
Notable directors that worked with Jean Simmons include names like Stanley Kubrick, Otto Preminger and Richard Brooks. If you're a fan of Jean Simmons, then check out our lists of the best Deborah Kerr and Vera Miles movies as well.
- When Charlotte Bronn (Jean Simmons) returns home from a mental institution, having been committed after having a nervous breakdown, she must adapt to life on the outside with the help of her husband, ...more
- All the Way Home is a 1963 drama film about a young boy and his mother dealing with the sudden death of his father. It stars Jean Simmons, Robert Preston, and Pat Hingle, with the boy being portrayed ...more
- When Fred (John Forsythe) asked for Mary's (Jean Simmons) hand in marriage, she thought she had the happy ending she only read about in fairy tales. Now it's 16 years later; Fred has had an affair, ...more
- The rebellious Thracian Spartacus, born and raised a slave, is sold to Gladiator trainer Batiatus. After weeks of being trained to kill for the arena, Spartacus turns on his owners and leads the ...more
- A group of Anglican nuns, led by Sister Clodagh (Deborah Kerr), are sent to a mountain in the Himalayas. The climate in the region is hostile and the nuns are housed in an odd old palace. They work ...more
- The Clouded Yellow is a 1951 British mystery film directed by Ralph Thomas and produced by Betty E. Box for Carillon Films.
- In London, scullery maid Lily Watkins (Jean Simmons) startles her employer, Stephen Lowery (Stewart Granger), by revealing that she knows he's responsible for his wife's recent death. Lily boldly ...more
- Uncle Silas is a 1947 British drama film directed by Charles Frank and starring Jean Simmons, Katina Paxinou and Derrick De Marney. It is an adaptation of the novel Uncle Silas in which an heiress is ...more
- Angel Face is a 1953 black-and-white film noir directed by Otto Preminger. The drama, filmed on location in Beverly Hills, California, features Robert Mitchum and Jean Simmons.
- In 1941, after the attack on Pearl Harbor, the New Zealand city of Christchurch is visited by hundreds of U.S. Marines -- a welcome sight for the lonely women there. The four Leslie sisters (Jean ...more
- Desiree Clary (Jean Simmons) has met the love of her life, and his name is Napoleon Bonaparte (Marlon Brando). But their love is a difficult one, as Napoleon's rise through the military ranks takes ...more
- When Anne Boleyn (Elaine Stewart) is executed for infidelity, her daughter Elizabeth (Jean Simmons) is sent into exile by King Henry VIII (Charles Laughton). Elizabeth grows into a spirited young ...more
- Based on George Bernard Shaw's play, an adaptation of the classic folktale, this film follows Androcles (Alan Young), a slave in Ancient Rome who has escaped his bonds and fled into the wilderness. A ...more
- Adam and Evelyne, released in the U.S. as Adam and Evalyn, is a 1949 romance film starring Stewart Granger and Jean Simmons. According to Robert Osborne, host of Turner Classic Movies, this suited ...more
- The 1889 Paris Exposition serves as the backdrop for this eerie mystery, in which English tourist Vicky (Jean Simmons) and her brother, Johnny (David Tomlinson), visit the fair and retire to their ...more
- In this Dickens adaptation, orphan Pip (John Mills) discovers through lawyer Mr. Jaggers (Francis L. Sullivan) that a mysterious benefactor wishes to ensure that he becomes a gentleman. Reunited with ...more
- When hedonistic but charming con man Elmer Gantry (Burt Lancaster) meets the beautiful Sister Sharon Falconer (Jean Simmons), a roadside revivalist, he feigns piousness to join her act as a ...more
- "Jean Simmons’ fans will be delighted to see her back on the big screen for the first time in 15 years in this gentle family drama. She stars as an ailing widow living along the Norfolk coast. When ...more
- After a quarrel with her husband, an unnamed woman (Jean Simmons) heads to London on the train for a shopping trip. In her compartment, en route, a much younger man (Leonard Whiting) approaches her ...more
- In this sequel to "The Robe," the corrupt emperor Caligula (Jay Robinson) believes that the sacred robe of Christ has magical powers, and will stop at nothing to obtain it. When Demetrius (Victor ...more
- Consisting of three adaptations of W. Somerset Maugham short stories, this film follows the tales of a verger, a jewelry dealer, and the patients of a sanatorium. In the first tale, a verger is ...more
- The Blue Lagoon is a 1949 British romance and adventure film produced and directed by Frank Launder, starring Jean Simmons and Donald Houston. The screenplay was adapted by John Baines, Michael Hogan ...more
- In this biblical epic, a drunk and disillusioned Roman, Marcellus Gallio (Richard Burton), wins Jesus' robe in a dice game after the crucifixion. Marcellus has never been a man of faith like his ...more
- In 1930, Elizabeth Rambeau (Jean Simmons) arrives in Napa Valley, California, from London to stay at the winery owned by her grandfather Phillipe (Claude Rains), and her aunt Martha (Dorothy ...more
- Serial divorcée Hilda Crane (Jean Simmons) returns to the town where she went to college and begins a new romance with her old flame Russell Burns (Guy Madison), much to the chagrin of his abusive ...more