List of the best Jennifer Jones movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Jennifer Jones's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Jennifer Jones movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Jennifer Jones movies will be at the top of the list. Jennifer Jones has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Jennifer Jones movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Jennifer Jones films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Jennifer Jones role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Jennifer Jones performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features The Ancient, Dick Tracy's G-Men and more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Jennifer Jones movies?" and "What are the greatest Jennifer Jones roles of all time?"
- Based on the popular novel by Franz Werfel, this drama focuses on Bernadette Soubirous (Jennifer Jones), a young French woman who experiences vivid visions of the Virgin Mary. While many dismiss her ...more
- In Depression-era New York, painter Eben Adams (Joseph Cotten) despairs at his lack of success. One cold winter evening in Central Park, he meets an enigmatic, old-fashioned little girl, Jennie ...more
- Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing is a 1955 American drama-romance film. Set in 1949–50 in Hong Kong, it tells the story of a married, but separated, American reporter Mark Elliot, who falls in love ...more
- Tragedy seems to follow Pearl Chavez (Jennifer Jones) everywhere she goes. After a domestic dispute results in the death of both of her parents, Pearl moves in with her aunt, Laura Belle (Lillian ...more
- Ruby Gentry is a 1952 film, directed by King Vidor and starring Jennifer Jones, Charlton Heston and Karl Malden. The movie and the name Gentry was the inspiration for the Professional name of one ...more
- Cluny Brown is a 1946 film made by Twentieth Century-Fox, directed and produced by Ernst Lubitsch. The screenplay was written by Samuel Hoffenstein and Elizabeth Reinhardt, based on a novel by ...more
- When beautiful young Carrie Meeber (Jennifer Jones) travels from her small hometown to Chicago in the 1890s, she meets well-off traveling salesman Charles Drouet (Eddie Albert) on the train. When she ...more
- When her husband leaves to fight in World War II, housewife Anne Hilton (Claudette Colbert) must struggle on alone to raise their two daughters, Jane (Jennifer Jones) and Bridget (Shirley Temple). ...more
- Love Letters is a 1945 film adapted by Ayn Rand from the novel Pity My Simplicity by Christopher Massie. It was directed by William Dieterle and stars Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten, Ann Richards, ...more
- Beat the Devil is a 1953 film directed by John Huston. The screenplay was by Huston and Truman Capote, loosely based upon a novel of the same name by British journalist Claud Cockburn, writing under ...more
- A Farewell to Arms is a 1957 American DeLuxe Color CinemaScope drama film directed by Charles Vidor. The screenplay by Ben Hecht, based in part on a 1930 play by Laurence Stallings, was the second ...more
- Based on the French literary classic, this drama presents author Gustave Flaubert (James Mason) narrating his tale of infidelity and narcissism. After marrying small-town doctor Charles Bovary (Van ...more
- Against the counsel of his friends, psychiatrist Dick Diver (Jason Robards Jr.) marries Nicole Warren (Jennifer Jones), a beautiful but unstable young woman from a moneyed family. Thoroughly ...more
- The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, by Sloan Wilson, is a 1955 novel about the American search for purpose in a world dominated by business. Tom and Betsy Rath share a struggle to find contentment in ...more
- Gone to Earth is a film by the British-based director-writer team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger. It stars Jennifer Jones, David Farrar and Cyril Cusack and features Esmond Knight. The film ...more
- Miss Dove (Jennifer Jones) is a prim New England school teacher who is treasured by her students in the small town of Liberty Hill. When she falls ill, a kindly doctor (Robert Stack), who is a former ...more
- While on vacation in Rome, married American Mary Forbes (Jennifer Jones) becomes entangled in an affair with an Italian man, Giovanni Doria (Montgomery Clift). As she prepares to leave Italy, ...more
- Famous poet Elizabeth Barrett (Jennifer Jones) recovers from a crippling illness while suffering under the tyrannical watch of her widowed father, Edward (John Gielgud). However, she has a joyful ...more
- When her brother is murdered, China Valdez (Jennifer Jones) swears revenge on the corrupt Cuban government he had been protesting. She joins the resistance led by Tony (John Garfield), an American ...more
- The Wild Heart is 1952 drama film written by Mary Webb and directed by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger.
- Classic 1970s disaster movie about a fire that breaks out in a state-of-the-art San Francisco high-rise building during the opening ceremony attended by a host of A-list guests. An overworked fire ...more
- Dick Tracy's G-Men is a 15-Chapter Republic Movie Serial based on the Dick Tracy comic strip by Chester Gould. It was directed by William Witney and John English. This serial was the fifteenth of the ...more
- When politician William Proctor (Harrison Greene) announces that a dam will be built on a site where many settlers have built homes, a retired major (Eddy Waller) who founded the settlement leads a ...more
- Angel, Angel, Down We Go is a 1969 film directed by Robert Thom.