A list of famous Jewish Republicans, with photos. These are important Jews who take part in running the United States government. There was a time when an American Jewish politician was rare or even unheard of. Today, although still a minority, the concept of "Jews in politics", a Jew seeking public office, is hardly unusual. Although less than 2.5% of the US population is Jewish, 10% of the US Senate follow the Judaic faith, and almost 7% of the House of Representatives. We can take heart that the antisemitism of the past is falling aside to more modern ideals. As a world, we have come a long way since the Holocaust.
- Eric Ivan Cantor (born June 6, 1963) is a former American politician, lawyer, and banker, who served as the United States representative for Virginia's 7th congressional district from 2001 until ...more
- George Felix Allen (born March 8, 1952) is an American politician. A member of the Republican Party, he served as the 67th Governor of Virginia from 1994 to 1998 and as a United States Senator from ...more
- Norman Bertram Coleman Jr. (born August 17, 1949) is an American lobbyist, attorney, and politician. From 2003 to 2009 he served as a U.S. Senator for Minnesota. From 1994 to 2002 he was mayor of ...more
- Jacob Koppel Javits (May 18, 1904 – March 7, 1986) was an American politician who represented New York in both houses of Congress. He was a Rockefeller Republican allied with Governor Nelson ...more
- David Emanuel (1744 – February 19, 1808) became 24th Governor of Georgia on March 3, 1801 upon the resignation of James Jackson to become U.S. Senator from Georgia. Emanuel served until November 7, ...more
- William Sebastian Cohen (born August 28, 1940) is an American politician, lawyer and author from the U.S. state of Maine. A Republican, Cohen served as both a member of the United States House of ...more
- John Simon Guggenheim (December 30, 1867 – November 2, 1941) was an American businessman, politician and philanthropist.
- Rudolph Ely Boschwitz (born November 7, 1930) is an American politician and former Independent-Republican United States Senator from Minnesota. He served in the Senate from December 1978 to January ...more
- Roberta Frances "Bobbi" Fiedler (née Horowitz; April 22, 1937 – March 9, 2019) was a Republican U.S. Representative from California.
- Joseph Simon (February 7, 1851 – February 14, 1935) was a German-born politician and attorney in the U.S. state of Oregon. He was born in Bechtheim, Hesse, and his family immigrated to the United ...more
- Edward Selig Salomon (December 25, 1836 – July 18, 1913) was a German Jew who immigrated to the United States and served as a lieutenant colonel in Union in the American Civil War. After nomination ...more
- Linda Lingle (née Cutter; June 4, 1953) is an American politician, who was the sixth governor of Hawaii from 2002 until 2010. She was the first Republican governor of Hawaii since 1962. Lingle was ...more
- Seymour Halpern (November 19, 1913 – January 10, 1997) was an American politician from New York.
- Warren Bruce Rudman (May 18, 1930 – November 19, 2012) was an American attorney and Republican politician who served as United States Senator from New Hampshire between 1980 and 1993. He was known as ...more
- Nan Alison Sutter Hayworth (née Sutter; born December 14, 1959) is an American ophthalmologist and former Congresswoman for New York's 19th congressional district. A Republican, she was elected in ...more
Florence P. Kahn
Franklin Israel Moses, Jr.
Barry M. Goldwater