List of the best Joel McCrea movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Joel McCrea's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Joel McCrea movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Joel McCrea movies will be at the top of the list. Joel McCrea has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Joel McCrea movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Joel McCrea films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Joel McCrea role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Joel McCrea performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features films like Primrose Path, They Shall Have Music, and many more"This list answers the questions, "What are the best Joel McCrea movies?" and "What are the greatest Joel McCrea roles of all time?"
- Successful movie director John L. Sullivan (Joel McCrea), convinced he won't be able to film his ambitious masterpiece until he has suffered, dons a hobo disguise and sets off on a journey, aiming to ...more
- Crime reporter John Jones (Joel McCrea) is turning in nothing but dull copy. His editor, unhappy with his work, hopes a change of scenery will be the thing Jones needs to get back on track. ...more
- Due to a housing shortage in Washington, D.C., during World War II, Connie Milligan (Jean Arthur) agrees to rent part of her apartment to wealthy retiree Benjamin Dingle (Charles Coburn) and soldier ...more
- Man of God Josiah Gray (Joel McCrea) is determined to bring religion to the people of Walesburg, a dusty southern town still healing from the Civil War. Though initially Josiah must hold his ...more
- This screwball comedy finds married couple Tom (Joel McCrea) and Gerry Jeffers (Claudette Colbert) in a strained relationship, largely due to financial difficulties. Gerry decides to leave Tom, a ...more
- In the 1880s, spunky young Molly Wood (Barbara Britton) chooses to leave her Vermont home for an exciting life as a schoolteacher in the small western cattle town of Bear Creek, Wyo. Settling into ...more
- Veteran Dick Allen (Robert Preston) and gambler Sid Campeau (Brian Donlevy) plot to derail the construction of the Union Pacific Railroad at the behest of crooked banker Asa M. Barrows, a major ...more
- Mobster "Baby Face" Martin (Humphrey Bogart) returns home to visit to the New York neighborhood where he grew up, dropping in on his mother (Marjorie Main), who rejects him because of his gangster ...more
- Border River is a 1954 American western film directed by George Sherman and released by Universal-International. It stars Joel McCrea, Yvonne De Carlo, and Pedro Armendáriz. It was filmed on location ...more
- Ambitious Connie Dickason (Veronica Lake), daughter of wealthy rancher Ben Dickason (Charlie Ruggles), loses her sheep rancher beau when he is unable to stand up to bullying Frank Ivey (Preston ...more
- Reduced to transporting gold from a distant mine to a small-town bank, retired lawman Steve Judd (Joel McCrea) recruits friend Gil Westrum (Randolph Scott), who has been performing in a traveling ...more
- These Three is a 1936 American drama film directed by William Wyler. The screenplay by Lillian Hellman is based on her 1934 play The Children's Hour. A 1961 remake of the film directed by Wyler was ...more
- After a group of drunken trail riders runs amok, Mayor Andrew Hope (Carl Benton Reid) of Wichita, Kan., recruits the intrepid Wyatt Earp (Joel McCrea) to end lawlessness. Armed and ready for ...more
- Stranger on Horseback is a 1955 film directed by Jacques Tourneur.
- Having left his post as governor of Tennessee, Gen. Sam Houston (Joel McCrea) resettles in Mexican territory along the southwest U.S. border. He soon sets his sights on reclaiming the land under the ...more
- Ellie May Adams (Ginger Rogers) lives with her dysfunctional family in a rundown home on Primrose Hill. Hoping not to become a prostitute like her mother (Marjorie Rambeau) and grandmother (Queenie ...more
- Wells Fargo is an American Western film directed by Frank Lloyd and starring Joel McCrea, Bob Burns and Frances Dee. This is the third of four movies in which real life husband and wife McCrea and ...more
- Outlaw Wes McQueen (Joel McCrea) escapes from jail and travels to a meeting with his old partner-in-crime Dave Rickard (Basil Ruysdael). En route, McQueen dispatches a gang of bandits who try to rob ...more
- A middle-aged mother is left back at square one when her husband walks out on her.
- Cattle Drive is a 1951 American western film directed by Kurt Neumann and starring Joel McCrea. Much of the film was shot in the Death Valley National Park, California and Paria, Utah.
- When legendary hunter Bob Rainsford (Joel McCrea) is shipwrecked on the perilous reefs surrounding a mysterious island, he finds himself the guest of the reclusive and eccentric Count Zaroff (Leslie ...more
- Unexpected fatherhood finds carefree cowboy Chuck Connor (Joel McCrea) when a visit with a buddy of his takes an unfortunate turn. When Chuck stops by to catch up with his friend and widower, Slim ...more
- In 1880s Wisconsin, ambitious lumberjack Barney Glasgow (Edward Arnold) loves saloon girl Lotta (Frances Farmer) but spurns her and marries to advance his career. While Lotta marries his friend ...more
- This Western loosely reimagines the life of legend William "Buffalo Bill" F. Cody (Joel McCrea), covering everything from his friendship with the Cheyenne to his rise to fame after journalist Ned ...more
- Recently released from jail, ex-convict cowboy John Cord (Joel McCrea) is hired to drive a large herd of cattle to Fort Clemson. However, the man who hires him turns out to be the very same person ...more