List of popular Johann Strauss II operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Johann Strauss II operas list includes the names of all Johann Strauss II operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Johann Strauss II operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Johann Strauss II opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Johann Strauss II operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
This is a list that features composers like Cagliostro in Wien and Valses de Vienne.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Johann Strauss II write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Johann Strauss II operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Johann Strauss II.
- Cagliostro in Wien is an operetta in three acts by Johann Strauss II to a libretto by F. Zell and Richard Genée. It premiered on 27 February 1875 at the Theater an der Wien, featuring Marie... more
- Der lustige Krieg is the name of a three-act operetta composed by Johann Strauss II. The work was first performed on 25 November 1881 at the Theater an der Wien. Its libretto was by F Zell and... more
- Die Fledermaus is an operetta composed by Johann Strauss II to a German libretto by Karl Haffner and Richard Genée.... more
- Eine Nacht in Venedig is an operetta in three acts by Johann Strauss II. Its libretto was by F. Zell and Richard Genée based on Le Château Trompette by Eugène Cormon and Richard Genée. The farcical,... more
- Indigo und die vierzig Räuber is an operetta composed by Johann Strauss II to a German libretto by Maximilian Steiner based on the tale "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" from The Book of One Thousand... more
- Ritter Pázmán is the name of a three-act opera composed by Johann Strauss II, with the libretto by Ludwig Dóczi. It first premiered at the Hofoper in Vienna on New Year's Day in 1892. It is based on... more
- Simplicius is an operetta by Johann Strauss II. It was conceived from the work of HJC von Grimmelhausen titled Der abenteuerliche Simplicissimus or simply Adventurous Simplicissimus, which was opined... more
- Walzer aus Wien is a singspiel pasticcio in three acts, libretto by Alfred Maria Willner, Heinz Reichert, and Ernst Marischka, music by Johann Strauss II, arranged by Erich Wolfgang Korngold and... more
- Wiener Blut is an operetta named after the "Wiener Blut" waltz, supposedly with music by the composer Johann Strauss the Younger, who did not live to witness the première. Such was the popularity of... more