Here is the list of the best John Cusack movies of all time, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. John Cusack's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top John Cusack movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated John Cusack movies will be at the top of the list. John Cusack has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest John Cusack movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining John Cusack films to end the squabble once and for all.
John Cusack first came into popularity starring in teen movies such as Class, Sixteen Candles, and Better Off Dead. After starring in Cameron Crowe's Say Anything, John Cusack's career only improved as he landed leading roles in films like Con Air, Grosse Pointe Blank, and High Fidelity. Known for his romantic comedy performances (Serendipity, America's Sweethearts), John Cusack has also starred in the thriller Identity, in the critically acclaimed drama Adaptation, and even in the historical action epic Dragon Blade alongside Jackie Chan. With such a large and diverse filmography, John Cusack is one of Hollywood's biggest stars.
If you think the best John Cusack role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest John Cusack performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand."This list answers the questions, "What are the best John Cusack movies?" and "What are the greatest John Cusack roles of all time?"
John Cusack is no stranger to working with popular directors, including Robert Altman, Terrence Malick and Woody Allen. Movie fans who love John Cusack have also been known to enjoy films starring Ed Harris and Joan Cusack.
- The Chicago White Sox, who are set to play the Cincinnati Reds in the World Series of 1919, are at odds with their team's owner, Charles Comiskey (Clifton James), who pays his players unsatisfactory ...more
- Grosse Pointe Blank is a 1997 American comedy film directed by George Armitage, and starring John Cusack, Minnie Driver, Alan Arkin and Dan Aykroyd. The film received positive reviews from critics. ...more
- After learning that a stranger has been accidentally killed near their rural homes, four Oregon boys decide to go see the body. On the way, Gordie Lachance (Wil Wheaton), Vern Tessio (Jerry ...more
- With the occasion all but overshadowed by her sister's upcoming wedding, angst-ridden Samantha (Molly Ringwald) faces her 16th birthday with typical adolescent dread. Samantha pines for studly older ...more
- After a workplace shooting in New Orleans, a trial against the gun manufacturer pits lawyer Wendell Rohr (Dustin Hoffman) against shady jury consultant Rankin Fitch (Gene Hackman), who uses illegal ...more
- Lane Meyer (John Cusack) is a teen with a peculiar family and a bizarre fixation with his girlfriend, Beth (Amanda Wyss). When Beth dumps Lane, he decides to kill himself, making bumbling attempts at ...more
- Rob Gordon (John Cusack) is the owner of a failing record store in Chicago, where he sells music the old-fashioned way -- on vinyl. Although they have an encyclopedic knowledge of pop music and are ...more
- Gib (John Cusack), a college freshman, keeps striking out with women. When he learns that a beautiful Californian (Nicollette Sheridan) wants to have a tryst with him, he decides to carpool all the ...more
- In a charming, critically acclaimed tale of first love, Lloyd (John Cusack), an eternal optimist, seeks to capture the heart of Diane (Ione Skye), an unattainable high-school beauty and straight-A ...more
- One Crazy Summer is a 1986 romantic comedy film written and directed by Savage Steve Holland, and starring John Cusack, Demi Moore, Bobcat Goldthwait, Curtis Armstrong, and Joel Murray. The original ...more
- Hard-as-nails Lily Dillon (Anjelica Huston) works as a swindler for dangerous bookie Bobo (Pat Hingle), probably the only man she fears. Arriving in Los Angeles on "business," Lily looks up her son, ...more
- When a vicious storm breaks out in the Nevada desert, 10 people seek refuge in an isolated motel. At the same time, a serial killer (Pruitt Taylor Vince) under the care of psychiatrist Doctor Mallick ...more
- Mike Enslin (John Cusack) is a successful author who enjoys worldwide acclaim debunking supernatural phenomena -- before he checks into the Dolphin Hotel, that is. Ignoring the warnings of the hotel ...more
- On a magical night when they are in in their 20s, Jonathan (John Cusack) meets Sara (Kate Beckinsale). He finds it love at first sight, but Sara believes in destiny. After 10 years the two -- with ...more
- Just-paroled army ranger Cameron Poe (Nicolas Cage) is headed back to his wife (Monica Potter), but must fly home aboard a prison transport flight dubbed "Jailbird" with some of the worst criminals ...more
- In the late 1960s, the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson stops touring, produces "Pet Sounds" and begins to lose his grip on reality. By the 1980s, Wilson (John Cusack), under the sway of a controlling ...more
- In this quirky cult-favorite comedy, unemployed New York City puppeteer Craig Schwartz (John Cusack) reluctantly takes a temp job as a filing clerk for the eccentric Dr. Lester (Orson Bean). While at ...more
- Hot Tub Time Machine is a 2010 American science fiction adventure comedy film directed by Steve Pink. It stars John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke, Crispin Glover, Lizzy Caplan, ...more
- Certain that the anonymous threats he's been receiving are the work of David Kahane (Vincent D'Onofrio), producer Griffin Mill (Tim Robbins) tries to fix things over cocktails. Instead, Griffin ends ...more
- Two air traffic controllers (John Cusack, Billy Bob Thornton) who thrive on living dangerously compete to outdo each other on several levels.
- Must Love Dogs is a 2005 romantic comedy film based on Claire Cook's eponymous 2002 novel. Starring Diane Lane and John Cusack, it is the third film directed and written by Gary David Goldberg and ...more
- In this adaptation of John Berendt's book, a young journalist, John Kelso (John Cusack), travels to Savannah, Ga., to cover the city's Christmas celebration amid a backdrop of eccentric characters. ...more
- Intelligent satire of American television news. A highly strung news producer finds herself strangely attracted to a vapid anchorman even through she loathes everything he personifies. To make ...more
- True Colors is an American drama film written by Kevin Wade and directed by Herbert Ross. The cast included John Cusack, James Spader and Richard Widmark in his final movie role.
- As the attorney for a mobster (Randy Quaid), Charlie Arglist (John Cusack) has access to some not-so-clean money, which he readily embezzles with the help of an associate, Vic (Billy Bob Thornton). ...more