List of the best John Huston movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. John Huston's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top John Huston movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated John Huston movies will be at the top of the list. John Huston has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest John Huston movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining John Huston films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best John Huston role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest John Huston performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Items on this list include Candy and Chinatown."This list answers the questions, "What are the best John Huston movies?" and "What are the greatest John Huston roles of all time?"
John Huston was no stranger to working with popular directors, including Orson Welles, Roman Polanski and John Ford. Is John Huston your favorite person to watch on the big screen? You might also want to vote on our best Orson Welles and Alfred Hitchcock films lists too.
- When Los Angeles private eye J.J. "Jake" Gittes (Jack Nicholson) is hired by Evelyn Mulwray to investigate her husband's activities, he believes it's a routine infidelity case. Jake's investigation ...more
- Man in the Wilderness is a 1971 American action film about a scout for a group of mountain men who are traversing the Northwestern United States during the 1820s. The scout is mauled by a bear and ...more
- Saved from near death by a young Mexican girl, a former outlaw sets himself up as sole arbiter of the law in a small town. The town prospers as Judge Bean robs and hangs anyone with money that comes ...more
- Wise Blood is an American 1979 drama film directed by John Huston and based on the 1952 novel Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor. It was filmed mostly in and around Macon, Georgia, near O'Connor's home ...more
- "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" is the final chapter in the sci-fi movie series. In this chapter, a tribute of human atomic bomb mutations are out to make life miserable for the peaceful ape ...more
- After years of exile in Europe, a maverick director returns to Hollywood to finish his comeback movie, "The Other Side of the Wind."
- British army Col. Anthony Gethryn (George C. Scott) is contacted by his old friend, Adrian Messenger (John Merivale), to investigate 11 men, whose names Messenger provides. After a plane carrying ...more
- The Return of the King, is a 1980 animated musical television film created by Rankin/Bass and Topcraft. The film is an adaptation of the The Return of the King, the third book in The Lord of the ...more
- The Hobbit is a 1977 animated musical television special created by Rankin/Bass, a studio known for their holiday specials, and animated by Topcraft, a precursor to Studio Ghibli, using lyrics ...more
- In the land of Prydain, lowly pig herder Taran (Grant Bardsley) dreams of becoming a gallant knight. Young Taran receives his heroic calling when the evil Horned King (John Hurt) kidnaps Hen-Wren, a ...more
- John Milius fictionalizes the historical story of President Roosevelt's attempts to deal with the kidnapping of an American citizen by a Moroccan Sheikh. Leaving cynicism way behind, Milius veers ...more
- This film is a 1979 film, directed by William Richert, based on the novel by Richard Condon. Inspired by the conspiracy theories surrounding John F. Kennedy's assassination, this comic thriller ...more
- This wacky send-up of James Bond films stars David Niven as the iconic debonair spy, now retired and living a peaceful existence. Bond is called back into duty when the mysterious organization SMERSH ...more
- The Bible: In the Beginning... is a 1966 American-Italian religious epic film produced by Dino De Laurentiis and directed by John Huston. It recounts the first 22 chapters of the biblical Book of ...more
- The Bermuda Triangle is a 1978 horror, sci-fi, mystery film written by René Cardona Jr., Stephen Lord and Carlos Valdemar and directed by René Cardona Jr.
- A woman (Jill Ireland) hires a bush pilot (Charles Bronson) to free her husband (Robert Duvall), framed for a murder, from a Mexican prison.
- Candy is a 1968 farce film directed by Christian Marquand based on the 1958 novel by Terry Southern and Mason Hoffenberg, from a screenplay by Buck Henry.
- Attempting to evade the turmoil of France's Hundred Years' War, Parisian student Heron of Foix (Assaf Dayan) decides to journey to the sea. En route, he meets the pretty aristocrat Lady Claudia ...more
- Rocky Road to Dublin is a 1967 documentary film by Irish-born journalist Peter Lennon and French cinematographer Raoul Coutard, examining the contemporary state of the Republic of Ireland, posing the ...more
- The Deserter is a 1971 Italian-American Western film by Dino De Laurentiis. It was directed by Burt Kennedy, known for his penchant in directing westerns, including The War Wagon, Support Your Local ...more
- An ex-ballplayer (Nick Nolte) studies marine biology and a bordello girl (Debra Winger) in his run-down town.
- The Greatest Battle, also known as Battle Force and The Biggest Battle, is a 1978 Italian Macaroni war movie.
- Series looking at the evidence that supports some of the world's most notorious conspiracy theories.
- An ancient intergalactic warrior arrives on Earth to put a stop to a demonic child's plot to reproduce Satan's next generation of evil.
- Tentacles is a 1977 Italian-American horror film directed by Ovidio G. Assonitis and starring John Huston, Shelley Winters, Bo Hopkins and Henry Fonda.