The Best John Lithgow Movies And TV Shows
Vote for your favorite movies and TV shows, regardless of critic reviews or how big the role was.
List of the best John Lithgow movies and shows, ranked best to worst. John Lithgow's highest-grossing movies and series have received many accolades over the years, earning millions around the world. The order of these top John Lithgow movies and shows is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated films and shows will be at the top of the list. John Lithgow has been in a lot of films and shows, so people often debate each other over what his greatest role of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining John Lithgow films and shows to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best John Lithgow role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest John Lithgow performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies or series, but in most cases, they go hand in hand.
List is made up of many different films, including Traveling Man and Kinsey.
"This list answers the questions, "What are the best John Lithgow movies and TV shows?" and "What are the greatest John Lithgow roles of all time?"
Steven Spielberg and Brian De Palma are among those who have directed John Lithgow at one point or another during their careers in the film industry.
This tribute to the beloved supernatural TV show has four episodes. In the first, racist Bill Connor (Vic Morrow) is transformed into a Jew in World War II. Next, Mr. Bloom (Scatman Crothers) comes ...more
- Released: 1983
- Directed by: John Landis, Steven Spielberg, Joe Dante, George Miller
- Actors: Vic Morrow, John Lithgow, Kathleen Quinlan, Scatman Crothers, Bill Quinn
Ingenious adolescent Paul Stephens (Christopher Collet) learns about the grim prospects of nuclear aftermath when his mom becomes romantically involved with government scientist John Mathewson (John ...more
- Released: 1986
- Directed by: Marshall Brickman
- Actors: John Lithgow, Christopher Collet, Cynthia Nixon, Jill Eikenberry, John Mahoney
Once upon a time, in a far away swamp, there lived an ogre named Shrek (Mike Myers) whose precious solitude is suddenly shattered by an invasion of annoying fairy tale characters. They were all ...more
- Released: 2001
- Directed by: Andrew Adamson, Vicky Jenson
- Actors: Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, John Lithgow, Peter Dennis
While returning from a trip in the woods, George Henderson (John Lithgow) and his family run into something with their car that turns out to be a Sasquatch. Thinking the creature is dead, they take ...more
- Released: 1987
- Directed by: William Dear
- Actors: John Lithgow, Melinda Dillon, Margaret Langrick, Joshua Rudoy, Kevin Peter Hall
Buckaroo Banzai is caught with his trusted allies, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, in a battle to the death between evil red aliens and good black aliens from Planet 10. Led by demonic dictator John ...more
- Released: 1984
- Directed by: W.D. Richter
- Actors: Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lloyd
A nurse during World War II, Jenny Fields (Glenn Close) conceives with a dying pilot and bears a boy named T.S. Garp (Robin Williams) whom she raises alone. When Garp grows up, he has some success ...more
- Released: 1982
- Directed by: George Roy Hill
- Actors: Robin Williams, Glenn Close, Mary Beth Hurt, John Lithgow, Hume Cronyn