List of the best Jon Voight movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Jon Voight's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Jon Voight movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Jon Voight movies will be at the top of the list. Jon Voight has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Jon Voight movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Jon Voight films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Jon Voight role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Jon Voight performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features Tropic Thunder, Coming Home and more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Jon Voight movies?" and "What are the greatest Jon Voight roles of all time?"
Notable directors that have worked with Jon Voight include names like Michael Bay, Brian De Palma and Tony Scott. Movie fans who love Jon Voight have also been known to enjoy films starring Craig T. Nelson and Ed O'Neill.
- Convinced of his irresistible appeal to women, Texas dishwasher Joe Buck (Jon Voight) quits his job and heads for New York City, thinking he'll latch on to some rich dowager. New York, however, is ...more
- Escaped convicts (Jon Voight, Eric Roberts) and a stowaway girl (Rebecca De Mornay) ride an unmanned diesel speeding out of control through Alaska.
- The wife of a Marine serving in Vietnam, Sally Hyde (Jane Fonda) decides to volunteer at a local veterans hospital to occupy her time. There she meets Luke Martin (Jon Voight), a frustrated ...more
- Hans Baerlach (Martin Ritt) is a Swiss police detective who has dedicated much of his career to pursuing powerful and allegedly murderous businessman Richard Gastmann (Robert Shaw). Though Baerlach's ...more
- In this uplifting drama based on the memoir "The Water is Wide," Pat Conroy (Jon Voight) accepts a teaching position on an isolated island in South Carolina. There he finds a class of black students ...more
- Four city-dwelling friends (Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Ronny Cox) decide to get away from their jobs, wives and kids for a week of canoeing in rural Georgia. When the men arrive, they are ...more
- A Holocaust victim's diary inspires a German journalist to embark on a dangerous hunt for postwar Nazis.
- Billy (Jon Voight) used to be a great boxer, but he's settled into a hardscrabble life that revolves around drinking, training horses, and the one bright spot in his existence -- his young son, T.J. ...more
- This fact-based film begins with the murder of Martin Cahill (Brendan Gleeson), one of Ireland's most infamous and violent criminals. Dying, Cahill reflects on his life -- being raised on the ...more
- Rosewood, Florida, is a small, peaceful town with an almost entirely African-American population of middle-class homeowners, until New Year's Day 1923, when a lynch mob from a neighboring white ...more
- This film depicts the true story of Pope John Paul II (Albert Finney). Long before becoming the first Polish pope, the young Karol Jozef Wojtyla (Michael Crompton) dabbles in acting, but ultimately ...more
- In post-World War II Las Vegas, the Chismore family teeters on the brink of collapse, headed by alcoholic stepfather Jack (Jon Voight) and his wife, Lily (JoBeth Williams). Teen daughter Rose ...more
- The Last of His Tribe is a 1992 movie starring Jon Voight as the anthropologist Alfred L. Kroeber who befriended Ishi, played by Graham Greene. Harry Hook directed the film. Ishi was thought to be ...more
- Nello (Jesse James) is a lonely orphan boy who lives in poverty with his grandfather, Jehan (Jack Warden). Like his mother before him, Nello possesses a talent for drawing and dreams of becoming a ...more
- Uprising is a 2001 war/drama television movie about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. The film was directed by Jon Avnet and written by Avnet and Paul Brickman. It was filmed in multiple locations, ...more
- Chernobyl: The Final Warning is a 1991 made for television movie. The film chronicles the Chernobyl disaster.
- In West Canaan, Texas, high school football reigns supreme. When starting quarterback Lance Harbor (Paul Walker) turns up injured, the Coyotes' ruthless coach, Bud Kilmer (Jon Voight), must promote ...more
- A boy and his friends question the motives of a woman (Sigourney Weaver) who forces them to dig holes at a detention camp.
- Aging handyman Eddie (Jon Voight) dies himself while saving a small child from death. Soon after his final breath, he enters the pearly gates and is reunited with a quintet of people who played ...more
- Vic "Bomber" Bealer (Jon Voight) is a handsome, manipulative boxer who aspires to something greater than the small-town life he knows in Texas. But, even when opportunities present themselves, Bealer ...more
- New inmate Clay Treyton (Kyle Chandler), doing time for fisticuffs, is sent to a Montana ranch where prisoners spend time working with horses. Encouraged by the jail's warden (Ben Gazzara), the men ...more
- In 1857 Capt. Alexander Fancher leads a wagon train of settlers across Utah to California. The Mormons eye the pioneers with suspicion when they stop in Mountain Meadows and demand that Fancher and ...more
- Master criminal Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro) is trying to control the rogue actions of one of his men, while also planning one last big heist before retiring. Meanwhile, Lieutenant Hanna (Al ...more
- Corrupt National Security Agency official Thomas Reynolds (Jon Voight) has a congressman assassinated to assure the passage of expansive new surveillance legislation. When a videotape of the murder ...more
- With wit and athletic genius, with defiant rage and inner grace, Muhammad Ali forever changed the American landscape. Fighting all comers, Ali took on the law, conventions, the status quo and the war ...more