List of the best Julianne Moore movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Julianne Moore has been acting since 1987, but it was her breakout performance in Boogie Nights in 1997 that made her a star and garnered her first Oscar nomination. Julianne Moore's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Julianne Moore movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Julianne Moore movies will be at the top of the list. Julianne Moore has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Julianne Moore movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Julianne Moore films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Julianne Moore role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Julianne Moore performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features films like The Hours, The Big Lebowski and more!"This list answers the questions, "What are the best Julianne Moore movies?" and "What are the greatest Julianne Moore roles of all time?" If you are a fan of Moore's work with ensemble casts, you might also enjoy our list of best Philip Seymour Hoffman movies and best Jeff Bridges movies.
Steven Spielberg and Robert Altman are among those who have directed Julianne Moore at one point or another during their careers in the film industry. Julianne Moore has been in some really popular films, and is right up there with stars like Jennifer Connelly and Vera Farmiga in terms of fame and success.
- Far from Heaven is a 2002 American drama film written and directed by Todd Haynes and starring Julianne Moore, Dennis Quaid, Dennis Haysbert, and Patricia Clarkson. The film tells the story of Cathy ...more
- Safe is a 1995 British/American drama film written and directed by Todd Haynes, and produced by Christine Vachon. It was voted the best film of the 1990s in the 1999 Village Voice Film Poll.
- Jeff Bridges plays Jeff Lebowski who insists on being called "the Dude," a laid-back, easygoing burnout who happens to have the same name as a millionaire whose wife owes a lot of dangerous people a ...more
- "The Hours" is the story of three women searching for more potent, meaningful lives. Each is alive at a different time and place, all are linked by their yearnings and their fears. Their stories ...more
- In the San Fernando Valley in 1977, teenage busboy Eddie Adams (Mark Wahlberg) gets discovered by porn director Jack Horner (Burt Reynolds), who transforms him into adult-film sensation Dirk Diggler. ...more
- Traces one man's extraordinary journey toward self -discovery when he returns to his ancestral home on the coast of Newfoundland. After the death of his estranged wife, Quoyle's fortunes begin to ...more
- The offspring of a hot-headed musician (Julianne Moore) and an art dealer (Steve Coogan), little Maisie (Onata Aprile) learns the hard way about how difficult divorce can be on a youngster. The ...more
- In the years following World War II, writer Maurice Bendrix (Ralph Fiennes) has an unexpected run-in with Henry Miles (Stephen Rea) and his wife, Sarah (Julianne Moore), with whom he once shared a ...more
- On one random day in the San Fernando Valley, a dying father, a young wife, a male caretaker, a famous lost son, a police officer in love, a boy genius, an ex-boy genius, a game show host and an ...more
- After a friend's (Julianne Moore) child dies while in her care, a woman (Sigourney Weaver) suffers severe depression and is later accused of sexual abusing a neighbor's son.
- Gov. Sarah Palin (Julianne Moore) of Alaska becomes Sen. John McCain's (Ed Harris) running mate in the 2008 presidential election.
- When infertility threatens mankind with extinction and the last child born has perished, a disillusioned bureaucrat (Clive Owen) becomes the unlikely champion in the fight for the survival of Earth's ...more
- In this imaginative reworking of Anton Chekhov's "Uncle Vanya," filmmaker Louis Malle both distances the playwright's work and makes it more intimate. Theater director Andre Gregory and his actors, ...more
- The Myth of Fingerprints is a 1997 American film drama written and directed by Bart Freundlich. It stars Blythe Danner, Roy Scheider, Noah Wyle, and Julianne Moore. The film is named after the song ...more
- Pensive New York City architect Cal (Billy Crudup) spontaneously abandons his wife and child and sets off in search of what he hopes will be a better life. During a freewheeling road trip across the ...more
- Lesbian couple Jules (Julianne Moore) and Nic (Annette Bening) have been together for almost 20 years and have two teenage offspring named Joni and Laser, who were conceived via artificial ...more
- Evelyn Ryan (Julianne Moore) suffers in her marriage to Kelly (Woody Harrelson), a slovenly alcoholic whose only consistent quality is his utter lack of respect for her. As Evelyn struggles to make ...more
- This examination of a famous scandal from the 1970s explores the relationship between Barbara Baekeland (Julianne Moore) and her only son, Antony (Eddie Redmayne). Barbara, a lonely social climber ...more
- New Jersey bartender Jon Martello (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) knows what's important: his friends, his family, his car, his church, his sexual conquests -- and porn. In fact, Jon is a porn addict and has ...more
- World-renowned painter Pablo Picasso (Anthony Hopkins) is notorious for his infidelity, but his French lover, Françoise Gilot (Natascha McElhone), manages to weather her stormy relationship with him ...more
- Blindness is a 2008 Canadian film in English. It is an adaptation of the 1995 novel of the same name by Portuguese author José Saramago about a society suffering an epidemic of blindness. The film ...more
- When she was assaulted by her doctor, Claire Bartel (Annabella Sciorra) reported him to the police, and rather than go to prison for his crime, he killed himself. The shock of the accusations and ...more
- Gloria Bell is a 2019 Chilean-American film directed by Sebastián Lelio, and a reimagining of the 2013 film Gloria. A free-spirited woman in her 50s (Julianne Moore) seeks out love at L.A. dance ...more
- Seven years have passed since Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) escaped from custody. The doctor is now at large in Europe. Mason Verger (Gary Oldman) remembers Lecter too, and is obsessed with ...more
- Nick Flynn (Paul Dano) is a young writer trying to define himself. He misses his mother, who recently died, but his father, Jonathan (Robert De Niro), has been out of his life for 18 years. When ...more