A list of all the best suspense movies ever made, many of which are streaming on Netflix and Amazon Prime. Find out if your favorite suspense movies are currently streaming on these best dramas on Amazon Prime and Netflix Instant lists. Take a look at this list of suspenseful movies!
This suspense movie list can be sorted by cast, year, director and more. This list of suspense films also contains suspense movie titles that can be clicked on for more information about the film. This suspense films list can also be copied to start your own. This list, though, contains the best suspense movies of all time, as voted on by fans of the films This suspense movie list can be sorted by alphabetically, by director, by year and more, but is currently ordered from best to worst. Make sure to rock the vote, by voting up the best movies on this list.
List of suspense films includes suspense movie titles that can be clicked on for more information about the film. Share what you voted on to see if your friends disagree.
These are the top films in the suspense genre, meaning that each and every one of these is a movie with at least a single element of the suspense genre in it. Be it the motifs of the suspense genre or just some of the most common archetypes.
If you're not a fan of Born Killers or Deadline, then vote those down so that the list takes your preferences into account. If we missed any suspense movies on this list, please add them to the list yourself, as this is an open list which means you can add any movies whenever you like (choices are subject to moderation). The films on this list cover the most famous suspense movies of all time and are voted on by people who really care about suspense movie lists.
You can find the release information for any of the films listed below. It's often available in the data set, so you can even find the cast of some of these by clicking on the names of the suspense movies. List includes photos and suspense movie trailers next to the names of the movies.
List below includes The Assault, Hannibal and more movies. These are the best suspenseful movies as voted on by you, the people!
Whether you're at home and want to watch these suspense movies on DVD, streaming Blu-ray or streaming, or if you're seeing them in theatres for the first time, this is a list of good suspense movies that can be helpful in either situation to see where they all stack up. So from the latest, to the greatest suspense movies, here is the full suspense movies list, ordered from best to worst.
- Photo: Orion PicturesThe Silence of the Lambs is a 1991 American thriller film that blends elements of the crime and horror genres. Directed by Jonathan Demme and starring Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, and Scott Glenn, the film is based on Thomas Harris' 1988 novel of the same name, his second to feature Hannibal Lecter, a brilliant psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer. In the film, Clarice Starling, a young U.S. FBI trainee, seeks the advice of the imprisoned Dr. Lecter to apprehend another serial killer, known only as "Buffalo Bill". The Silence of the Lambs was released on February 14, 1991, and grossed $272.7 million worldwide against its $19 million budget. It was only the third film, the other... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Chris Isaak, George A. Romero, Roger Corman
- Released: 1991
- Directed by: Jonathan Demme
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseThe Sixth Sense is a 1999 American supernatural thriller film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. The film tells the story of Cole Sear (Haley Joel Osment), a troubled, isolated boy who is able to see and talk to spirits, and an equally troubled child psychologist who tries to help him. The film established Shyamalan as a writer and director, and introduced the cinema public to his traits, most notably his affinity for surprise endings.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Bruce Willis, Mischa Barton, Haley Joel Osment, Toni Collette, M. Night Shyamalan
- Released: 1999
- Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan
- Psycho is a 1960 American horror film directed by Alfred Hitchcock. The film centers on an encounter between a secretary, Marion Crane, who ends up at a secluded motel after taking money from her employer, and the motel's owner-manager, Norman Bates, and its aftermath.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Alfred Hitchcock, Janet Leigh, Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, Martin Balsam
- Released: 1960
- Directed by: Alfred Hitchcock
- Misery is a 1990 American psychological thriller film based on Stephen King's 1987 novel of the same name and starring James Caan, Kathy Bates, Lauren Bacall, Richard Farnsworth, and Frances Sternhagen. Directed by Rob Reiner, the film received critical acclaim for Bates's performance as the psychopathic Annie Wilkes, and Bates won the 1990 Academy Award for Best Actress for her role, making Misery, as of 2015, the only Stephen King adaptation to be an Oscar winning film. The film was ranked #12 on Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Lauren Bacall, Kathy Bates, James Caan, Rob Reiner, Richard Farnsworth
- Released: 1990
- Directed by: Rob Reiner