This list of famous chartered accountants includes photos, bios, and other information, when available. Who are the top chartered accountants in the world? This includes the most prominent chartered accountants, living and dead, both in America and abroad. You might recognize these popular accountants because some are celebrities who majored in accounting or studied at one of the best accounting colleges. This list of notable chartered accountants is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these best chartered accountants were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned chartered accountants - many working for the top accounting bodies in the world.
What is a chartered accountant, you might ask? Chartered accountants were the first group of accountants to form a professional accounting body, which was initially established in Britain in 1854. As such, this chartered accountants list includes people like Andy Parker, Fred Goodwin, Naina Lal Kidwai, and many other best accountants crunching numbers today. Featuring chartered accountants from India and American chartered accountants, this list has them all!Going beyond just the top 10 chartered accountants, here you'll find over 50 reputable, prominent, and well known chartered accountants - all some of the best professionals in the chartered accounting field. Who are the most famous chartered accountants ever? Who are the best chartered accountants worldwide? Take a look below and find the chartered accountant who fits your needs!
Check out these funny jokes only accountants will get!
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Vivek brings twenty years of experience as an entrepreneur, business manager, and RD leader in a number of network computing and systems companies. He has also been an active investor and advisor to startups in the areas of infrastructure software, networking, security, storage, and wireless. Prior to joining August Capital, Vivek co-founded Cobalt Networks in 1996. As CTO VP of Product Development, Vivek developed the first successful server appliance and grew Cobalt into a worldwide leader in the category, culminating in a successful IPO and acquisition by Sun Microsystems for $2B. At Sun, Vivek served as the Vice President and General Manager of the Cobalt Business Unit and a member of... more on Wikipedia
- Nationality: India
- Profession: Chartered Accountant, Entrepreneur, Venture capitalist
- Employer: August Capital
- Charles James Haughey (16 September 1925 – 13 June 2006) was an Irish Fianna Fáil politician who served as Taoiseach on three different occasions, 1979 to 1981, March 1982 to December 1982 and 1987 to 1992. He was also Minister for the Gaeltacht from 1987 to 1992, Leader of the Opposition from 1981 to 1982 and 1982 to 1987, Leader of Fianna Fáil from 1979 to 1992, Minister for Social Welfare and Minister for Health from 1977 to 1979, Minister for Finance from 1966 to 1970, Minister for Agriculture from 1964 to 1966, Minister for Justice from 1961 to 1964 and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Justice from 1959 to 1961. He served as a Teachta Dála (TD) from 1957 to 1992.Haughey was... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 81 (1925-2006)
- Birthplace: Castlebar, Republic of Ireland
- Profession: Chartered Accountant, Politician, Barrister
Naina Lal KidwaiNaina Lal Kidwai (born 1957) is an Indian banker, Chartered Accountant and business executive. She was formerly a Group General Manager and the Country Head of HSBC India. She is also a former President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: India
- Nationality: India
- Employer: HSBC
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainFrederick Anderson Goodwin, FRSE, FCIBS (born 17 August 1958) is a Scottish chartered accountant and former banker who was Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS) between 2001 and 2009. From 2000 to 2008, he presided over RBS's rapid rise to global prominence as the world's largest company by assets (£1.9 trillion), and fifth-largest bank by stock market value and its even more rapid fall as RBS was forced into effective nationalisation in 2008. On 11 October 2008, Goodwin officially announced his resignation as chief executive and an early retirement, effective from 31 January 2009 – a month before RBS announced that its 2008 loss totalled £24.1 billion, the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Paisley, United Kingdom
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Profession: Chartered Accountant, Businessperson
- Employer: Royal Bank of Scotland Group, National Westminster Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland